Linux installation help required

Dear #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#

i need a help or somewhat say suggestion from u sir ..
as i am pursuing a diploma course in embedded system design from cdac nowadays .. and i would like to install one f the linux platform on my laptop to practice at home .. which one you would like to suggest .. and also as am going to start my journey in linux please provide some helpful guidance too .. so i be able to learn more and more ..
kindly help me out sir

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Ankit Litoriya
    and i would like to install one f the linux platform on my laptop to practice at home .. which one you would like to suggest
    For the beginners, Ubuntu (or any Ubuntu based) distro is good beginning. However, I prefer you should begin with Fedora, and then as soon you get hold of it, you might like to switch to openSUSE. By now you would be well versed with Linux based distros, and if you're really keen to understand Linux deeply, ArchLinux is one great distro. Gentoo too.
    It doesn't really matter which distro you're going to use for development, it's more about taste. You'll know which desktop environment you like as you start exploring different Linux based distros.
    My vote : openSUSE, Fedora or ArchLinux.

Ankit Litoriya
    also as am going to start my journey in linux please provide some helpful guidance too .. so i be able to learn more and more ..
    kindly help me out sir
    That totally depends on what your interest is. Seems that you're interested in Embedded systems, so just grab Beaglebone Black or Raspberry Pi, boot any linux based distro in it & start exploring it.
  • Ankit Litoriya
    Ankit Litoriya
    #-Link-Snipped-#

thanx alot ..
    any online tutorial or any book or any thing you would like to prefer for startups.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    There is an online course going on by LinuxFoundation in edX. You can learn all the basics of Linux to lil bit of bash scripting there.
    Google : "edX + Linux course"

We have uploaded plenty of resources on Linux in "Downloads" section of CE. You may like to refer it.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    I work on Fedora now πŸ˜€

#-Link-Snipped-# made me realized, Linux is awesome 😁
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Sanyam Khurana
    I work on Fedora now πŸ˜€

#-Link-Snipped-# made me realized, Linux is awesome 😁
    Hope you're enjoying the ride πŸ˜€
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Abhishek Rawal
    Hope you're enjoying the ride πŸ˜€
    Learned some BASH as well, and I'm working on Python. Making some projects 😁
  • Ankit Litoriya
    Ankit Litoriya
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Dear I hav installed fedora and really loving its interface n love to use it.
    Thanx fr such an awesome suggestion.

But I am facing some problem in terminal as not able to compile my c code both gcc n cc is not working
    N bash introduce that cmmnd nt exist .. please help me out .. n provide any pdf or .txt file of some regular n useful cmmnds m very thankful to you.

And as you are kind hearted and will sure help me so
    THANX in advance. πŸ˜€
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    U need to install the gcc Compiler in Fedora. Use this command

yum install gcc

That should install the compiler and lets you play with it
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Jeffrey Samuel

yum install gcc

^^ Do it with sudo
  • Ankit Litoriya
    Ankit Litoriya
    Jeffrey Samuel

yum install gcc

thnx #-Link-Snipped-#
    cmmnd has installed the plugins but with it gives a msg
    you need to be root to perform this cmmnd
  • Ankit Litoriya
    Ankit Litoriya
    one more thing #-Link-Snipped-#
    in fedora when i wrote my cmmnd on terminal there is $ sign which mmeans i am not a superuser,
    while i use su cmmnd n provide passwd it prompts authentication failure .. it also contain ankit@localhost

so how to switch to superuser permissions
    ??
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Open terminal & type
    su -c "yum install gcc"
    Press 'Enter'. It will ask for password, submit the password & press 'Enter' again.

Or you can simply type
    su -
    to enter superuser mode.
  • Ankit Litoriya
    Ankit Litoriya
    thanxπŸ˜€πŸ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Xiaomi, the company known as 'Apple of China' will introduce its entry level smartphones - Redmi 1S and Redmi Note in India on August 26. The company has sent out...
Quote: Sundanzer Refrigerator's Solar Direct-Drive Vaccine Refrigerator does not require batteries, which can be tedious to replace and add extra cost over the lifetime of the unit. Endquote https://viewer.zmags.com/publication/a5c796ea#/a5c796ea/63
Stylebot a small plugin to modify style of a web page. Any noob can handle this and if you are familiar with firebug and little web development this is cake...
Console OS is not an emulator like Bluestacks or Genymotion. It runs natively on Windows PC and supports Windows 8.1 secure boot which even Androidx86 team didn't achieved. You can...
sir i want develop a bot in which i want interface small lcd, keys , camera n infrared divice plz sugget me which divice i can use to interface this...