Linux and Windows.

What is the main difference between the "LINUX" and "WINDOWS" ?
Which is more user-friendly.

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    gaurav.bhorkar
    What is the main difference between the "LINUX" and "WINDOWS" ?
    Which is more user-friendly.

Definately WINDOWS is more user friendly and Linux is more secure. The thing is we require expertise to use Linux.. on Windows even a layman can work easily.

Regarding difference among them.. Though apples and oranges both are fruits.. still we can not compare apple with oranges....

-crazy
  • shadeslayer
    shadeslayer
    people find windows userfrendly bcause they use it from long time and many software devlopers make windows based softwares ,,but now linux getting poularity due to its vast advantages and i prefer to go for linux if possible
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    My take:

User friendliness is entirely a function of who the user is. I know people who are more comfortable with the VI editor than today's most modern text editors.

As far as the 'main' difference is concerned, Windows & Linux are two entirely different operating systems!
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    What's the technical difference between them?
  • simple
    simple
    Technical differences will be too many to list ...
    -simply put these are two different Operating Systems
    -when you say different OSs then you are going to have different filesystems, different programs for running the same applications for e.g. file manager, window manager etc.
    -however the MAIN difference between these two is that
    LINUX is an open source OS whereas windows is not
    so this means if you want to look at the kernel codes and tweak around with stuff then you can legally do it for free with LINUX (maybe subject to a few minor conditions), however you cannot legally mess with whats "inside" windows ...
    and besides you have google for loads of info on LINUX dude...
    hope this helps...
    c ya!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am in seventh sem mechanical ,as v hav project nxt sem i don knw to select a topic on wat to work.cud u guys help me out ???
Hackers have mounted an attack on the Large Hadron Collider, raising concerns about the security of the biggest experiment in the world as it passes an important new milestone. The...
hi, I need you to plz give me final year project ideas related to Communication Systems, Networking, GSM, WiMAX, VoIP, 3G Technologies or Wireless Sensor Networks. Thanx in advance.
News Source: - [ September 12, 2008] Integrated circuit is 50 years old today | News | Custom PC It’s half a century since the first integrated circuit was demonstrated...
Hi Guys, I've came across this blog which discuss a lot about PCB Layout Design Consideration. Topics: Stray Capacitance High Frequency Input Current Path PCB Components: Via Hole PCB Components:...