Linus Torvalds announced stable Linux Kernel 3.15

Linus Torvalds officially announced stable Linux Kernel 3.15 !

Read all the features here : #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    S&R is already faster in Linux, I don't know how much faster will it go now. Prolly seconds to milliseconds ? Nothing too excited except Dualshock 4 support & Clang capable to compile mainline Kernel 3.15 !
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Abhishek Rawal
    S&R is already faster in Linux, I don't know how much faster will it go now. Prolly seconds to milliseconds ? Nothing too excited except Dualshock 4 support & Clang capable to compile mainline Kernel 3.15 !
    Once again, I'm not able to understand most of the words you are uttering.๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Oh God please start the Linux Course soon ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ˜’
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-# S&R abbreviated as Suspend & Resume, this feature was optimized in new kernel iteration of Linux Kernel 3.15. So, S&R from 3.15 onwards will take very less time. (It is already fast, maybe developer want to reach to nanosecond unit) Multiple asynchronous threads are enabled to achieve faster S&R.

Dualshock 4
    Dualshock4
    is supported from 3.15 onwards.

Clang (competitor of GCC) can now compile Linux Kernel 3.15

BTW, do you really think the course in edX will teach you Kernel internals ? Nope! It will be very basic course which will simply help users to understand Linux based OS, Linux FS & lil bit of bash.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-# S&R abbreviated as Suspend & Resume, this feature was optimized in new kernel iteration of Linux Kernel 3.15. Multiple asynchronous threads are enabled to achieve faster S&R.

Dualshock 4
    Dualshock4
    is supported from 3.15 onwards.

Clang (competitor of GCC) can now compile Linux Kernel 3.15

BTW, do you really think the course in edX will teach you Kernel internals ? Nope! It will be very basic course which will simply help users to understand Linux based OS, Linux FS & lil bit of bash.
    I hope I would understand the basic terminology used, and that course would give me a Kick start ! ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Witworks is a Bangalore-based collaborative invention company founded by Somnath Meher, Ankit DP and Chandrashekhar Iyer. Incubated and funded by the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, Witworks develops and sells...
I am pursuing BTech in Computer Engineering. I am about to enter final year. I want to ask what things recruiters expect from students. i am so confused what to...
The marketers at Tata surely aren't happy at the success of Maruti Celerio; which is selling like a hot cake in Indian auto-markets. As an answer, Tata has planned a...
All of us have seen the daily crossword problem in news papers. I came across this new type of crossword with numbers. Its real fun solving these but very challenging...
hello..i have just completed my 3rd year in b.tech in CSE..nd don't know what to do in future for better carrier..please help me to find out better carrier options in...