LinkedIn - What Is It?

Hello CEans. I hope you all are having a great weekend. I am curious to know about LinkedIn. Is it same as any other social networking site? I heard a lot about LinkedIn these days. People say that 'Linkedin has many industrialists and professionals in it. For job / internship seekers , it is a great platform.' Is this true? Or is it a regular SNS ? If any CEan is using Linkedin , please reply . Say how far it is different and useful from other social networking sites.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    LinkedIn is a professional networking site; it's quite popular among professionals. It boils down to the focus of these sites. Social networking focuses more on finding friends and knowing what's up in their lives. Professional networking sites like LinkedIn help with finding jobs and like minded people.

I do not like any of the sites. 👎
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    And another thing is, you can do all the activities in LinkedIn you do in Facebook, but the User Interface is professional and less intuitive. It is focussed more on Professional attributes as Biggie said. And one awesome thing is, it is not blocked by most of the companies, like Facebook is! 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm not active on linkedin either; but I get totally pissed off by the invitations and 'add' requests I get from total strangers who've nothing to do with me. I found out that LinkedIn has "You may know..." feature that displays a list of contacts you can send random invitations to. I don't get the point!
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    I just want to know who all are actively using LinkedIn..
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Deepika Bansal
    I just want to know who all are actively using LinkedIn..
    I am using it actively! 😀
  • KenJackson
    KenJackson
    The_Big_K
    I do not like any of the sites. 👎
    [​IMG]

I'm with you.

I have accounts on both facebook and linkedin, but I find them to be vapid and annoying.
    Instead, I enjoy a number of forum sites like this.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everybody, I am an electronics and communication engineering student studying in Final year. I have been placed in prestigious software company which gives salary 3 lacs p.a. I am...
I have some ideas, such as these: Android-based Prescription Viewer Application Children Tracking System Using Bluetooth MANET Composed of Android Mobile Terminals Network-Assisted Mobile Computing with Optimal Uplink Query Processing...
frnds.. we are planning to conduct a national level technical symposium for the first time in our college.. and i am the organizer of this fest .. so can anybody...
I heard that people ever tried the constant-volume combustion type gas turbine engines many years ago and gave up later. I think the reason is that the engine was heavy...
Literati is a technical fest organized by NIT Kurukshetra that grows larger every year. Literati 2012 represents the culmination of science, engineering and path-breaking technology. It not only helps you...