Liftering, its physical significance

What is the physical significance of liftering done to an analog signal (particularly an audio signal)?

What is its role pertaining to MFCC feature extraction process?

Replies

• Sindhu Chowdary
    Sindhu Chowdary
    MFCC is a feature used in Automatic Speech Recognition.To understand the liftering concept , first you need to understand the concept of Cepstral Analysis.

Speech is a mixture of vocal tract and input exitation.Liftering is a method used to separate the vocal tract and the excitation sequence in the frequency domain.You can say that Liftering is somewhat similar to filtering in frequency domain. In filtering , normally we multiply the whole spectrum with a desired rectangular window. Simialrly in liftering also

But your question is far too wide to answer exactly. Refer to the links below.Hope they might be helpful for you to understand.

iitg.vlab.co.in

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, Once I have logged in to the SQL server, I am supposed to create my own database. Then this database is to contain tables etc. pertaining to my project....
I am studying civil engineering in 7th sem can I apply for IES 2016?
One more opensource mobile OS is in heavy development, Plasma Mobile from KDE team which has delivered us an awesome desktop environment. ​
Hii, I got seat for dac in IACSD Pune,aug 15 batch but now they sent me assignment (20 c programs mainly data structured) which should be submitted at reporting day.....
how is cdac pune for wimc course ? is the eduction is as good as dac? what are the placement records?