LG To Unveil webOS 2.0 Smart TV Platform At CES 2015

LG has announced that it will be launching a new range of smart televisions at the 2015 International Consumer Electronics Show which will have an updated webOS 2.0 at its core. As you know WebOS Powered LG TVs To Arrive In 2014, Debut At CES In Las Vegas the Palm-built Linux based operating system last year to power its range of smart TVs. LG claims that its webOS powered smart TVs have been popular with the public. The Korean company reveals that in the first month of its launch it managed to sell 1 million units and by November that figure has crossed the 5 million mark. LG’s webOS 2.0 is aimed at making Smart TVs faster than ever.

LG webOS 2.0

LG says in #-Link-Snipped-# that boot time has been reduced by 60 percent and apps like YouTube load 70% faster. This means that the user can quickly go from the Smart TV Home Screen to YouTube and return back faster. Next in the list of improvements is the My Channels feature. Users can select their favourite live TV channels or set top box channels from the Launcher Bar itself. The Quick Settings upgrade allows users to adjust their TV sets without interrupting the programme they are watching. Finally we have the Input Picker option that lets the user switch between connected devices with one click.

The constant complain we have with 4K resolution TVs is the lack of 4K resolution content. LG has addressed this issue by listing the services of Netflix and Amazon. Amazon has been roped in to deliver 4K resolution movies and Netflix shall be in charge of delivering up scaled versions of its shows like House of Cards and Marco Polo. #-Link-Snipped-# points out that LG has not made it clear whether current consumers will receive the upgrade or not. It looks like we have to wait until January 6 2015 to know the answer.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Need help...for mini project of 3rd yr. engg entc please suggest...me !!!!!!
When you think of military drones you immediately look up to the sky, but there is one other frontier that needs monitoring and that is water. Since there are tons...
After the Uber India Rape Scandal in India and various other worrying happenings around the world, app-based cab hailing services have come under some serious scrutiny. People who use these...
i have one question in my mind regarding manual testing suppose i have one form which consist of say 14-15 fields and 11 to 12 amongst these fields are mandatory...
Move over Xiaomi, Micromax has delivered a cracker of a smartphone by collaborating with Cyanogen. The exclusive deal which proved to be a bitter pill for OnePlus One customers has...