LG Stylus 2: Android Marshmallow, Stylus Pen & VoLTE For Rs. 20,500

LG Electronics has launched its new smartphone in India. The LG Stylus 2 was launched in India today and it goes on sale a few days from now at a retail price of Rs. 20,500 in Titanium and Brown colour variants. The highlight of the LG Stylus 2 is of course its fibre tipped pen that is more precise than any after-market rubber tipped stylus. The stylus that accompanies LG Stylus 2 can be used to jot down memos even when the screen is locked. Once you take the stylus out of its holster you can access the Pop Memo function that opens a notes menu above any app you are using. To make your scribbled handwriting look good on screen, LG has added a calligraphy mode that transforms your handwriting in beautiful script. LG also wants to make sure that you do not lose the stylus as you are doodling. If you have kept the stylus a little far away from the phone LG reminds you to put the stylus back into its compartment.

LG Stylus 2 2
LG Stylus 2 1 LG Stylus 2 3 LG Stylus 2 4

Apart from its highlight, the clever stylus, there is very little going on for the LG Stylus 2 when it comes to anything else. It sports a 5.7inch HD (1280x720 pixels) resolution display that is inadequate considering its big size. Let us remind you that the smaller 5.5inch display on the Lenovo ZUK Z1: Cyanogen OS, Snapdragon 801 & 4100mAh Battery For Rs. 13,499 has full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) resolution display. Plus the screen isn’t coated with any protective glass. When it comes to the inside, the LG Stylus 2 houses an unspecified Qualcomm Snapdragon processor that has a quad-core CPU that operates at 1.2GHz, an Adreno 304 GPU operating at 409MHz and 2GB of RAM. At this point you will be wondering there are a lot many smartphones in the market that have better specs than the LG Stylus 2, so should I go for this Android Marshmallow, VoLTE equipped smartphone by paying over Rs. 20K? Let’s hold that decision until the final paragraph.

LG Stylus 2 8
LG Stylus 2 7 LG Stylus 2 6 LG Stylus 2 5

When it comes to cameras on the LG Stylus 2, we have a 13MP CMOS sensor on the rear with LED flash. On the front we have got a rather large 8MP camera for your selfies. Both the cameras are capable of recording Full HD videos. The LG Stylus 2 has an internal memory of 16GB out of which 10.7GB is left for the user. The external microSD card slot can accept memory cards of up to 2TB. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and microUSB. The smartphone is powered by a user removable 3000mAh battery that can make it for up to one and a half days on average use. The answer to your question from the paragraph above is no, you shouldn’t go for this smartphone unless you absolutely need a stylus with your smartphone.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am not a Great Smart Phone Fan so don't have much idea about latest features coming Please suggest some mobile based on Android (My Budget is 10-15 k). I...
can whatsapp gets connect (work) to Reverse Tethering (Connect Internet from Computer to android smartphone) or tethering (i.e other than 3G/4G/Wi Fi connections)? waiting for your early reply thank you
Morgan Pope, a Stanford PhD student has developed a new breed of Spiderman-like drones at Stanford's Biomimetics and Dexterous Manipulation Lab. He, along with other Stanford University PhD students and...
Sony Electronics is struggling in the smartphone market and it has found its way to redemption with its revamped Xperia line of smartphones. Today it launched a new member of...
Physicists from Australian National University (ANU) have been successful in using artificial intelligence to run a complex experiment in what could eventually free up capacities of human scientists to focus...