LG G2 Specs Reveal That It Will Rob You For High-End Features

After the couple of weeks full of speculations and rants about the teasers, LG has launched its brand new smartphone called the LG G2. At a release event in New York yesterday,LG G2 Smartphone Launch Date Is August 7th - Who loves the teasers?started quite a few discussions among the tech geeks, LG has unveiled its latest flagship smartphone with a rich set of specifications. Looks like LG has all geared up to tackle the likes of Nokia, Samsung and Sony. As we look at the specs of LG G2 - we find a 5.2 inch Full HD IPS touchscreen with 1080 x 1920 resolution and a pixel density of 423ppi that is well protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3. This screen also features a tiny 2.65mm bezel, LG said, making it one of the few smartphones on the market to feature a truly edge-to-edge display.

Powered by a quad-core 2.26GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor and Graphic RAM (GRAM) for more efficient energy use, the company claims that the display's energy use has been decreased by up to 26 percent. Digging deeper into the LG G2 specs, we find ourselves looking at a 3,000mAh battery that would power this smartphone through an entire day. And just like we had guessed during the teasers, LG G2 will now be remembered as the first smartphone with its physical keys placed on its back. That rear button serves multiple functions including changing the volume, or launching the note taking app or camera with a long-press. The center nub is the power and sleep/wake button. Truly revolutionary for its time, LG has been calling it "the Rear Key concept", the design has the main power buttons and volume keys alongside the phone's 13MP camera sensor, which LG claims make the buttons easier to operate and will result in "fewer dropped phones".

lg-g2

Also on the list of LG G2 specifications is a 2GB of RAM, 16GB or 32GB of internal storage, a 2.1MP front-facing camera, an 8.9mm thick profile and black and white color variants. The 13 megapixel rear camera supports plenty of useful features including - Autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, face detection, Optical image stabilization, HDR, Panorama, 1080p@60fps video recording, 8x Digital zoom, Sapphire glass protection, Stereo sound recording and Video stabilization.

Running atop a the latest version of Android 4.2.2 i.e. Jelly Bean, the LG G2 features a number of additional software features too. These include:Answer Me, which automatically answers the phone when its held up to your face; Quickremote, allowing the phone to be used as a TV remote;Slide Aside, which enables easier multitasking by sliding open apps off to the side; Guest Mode, which protects owner’s privacy by displaying only pre-selected apps when guests access the phone with a secondary unlock pattern and Plug & Pop, which recommends options or related features to choose from when the earphone or USB cable is detected. For connectivity, there's the usual support for LTE-A (upto 150Mbps), WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, microSD card Slot and microUSB slot. LG CEO Dr Jong-Seok Park said, "Innovation for the sake of innovation is old school. We wanted to better understand a product from a consumers point of view. In this regard, LG believes today's innovation must resonate with consumers - the LG G2 makes an effort to understand and learn human behavior."

The LG G2 will be released via over 130 wireless carriers in the next eight weeks starting in South Korea followed by North America, Europe and other key markets. LG has also revealed that G2 will be available via all four major telecom operators in the United States. We recently told you about the QuickWindow case for this phone. If you haven't checked it yet, please see LG G2 Mobile Gets QuickWindow Case In Seven Colors.

There's no official word about the pricing yet, but some blogs are guessing it to be Rs. 40,000+ for price in India. What are your guesses and opinions? Speak out in the comments.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I am speechless after reading the entire post and LG has worked hard to stamp its feet in Mobile market after a short period of time.
    After reading this I thought what else you need in a phone?
    (As human wish has no boundary).
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    2.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor, paired with 2GB of RAM, a 3000 mAh battery, Whoa !

I Do not remember any smartphone currently has the as impressive configuration as LG G2. I am guessing price would be in 35 k range.

#-Link-Snipped-# Katdare- phone is released, why we have chosen to show the evleaks pic?

-CB
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    No matter they have come up with a good model, I still dont see LG to be a mobile phone maker. It doesnt have the image of a full time communication unit company. It is good for household appliances. Let us see what this model does in the market. 😛
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Marvel in pocket period

Not too pricy for the high end models and features compete in the global arena so really a must look out gadget
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Just as we had guessed, the LG G2 has been made available online in India for a price of Rs. 40,499.

Who wants to shell out that kind of money around here for these specs? 👀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I had a chance to stumble on commerce India and found that India's major import accounts for petroleum and it costs more than 150billion .India majorly import from UAE ,...
This article is mostly common sense. Being put up just in case: Skills 101 – How to detail your car’s interior
Screwed mkdir by just logging as root and then typed rmdir mkdir. Not able to create any new directory, right, but how to restore it back in /bin? Is there...
Yes it is confirmed that Audi has planned to release its luxury segment car named "A8" in frankfurt autoshow.It was an out and out competition for Audi and Mercedes S...
Yesterday Union Minister Kapil Sibal said " Pre poll predictions has to be stopped as it affects the mind frame of the Voter. There is a claim that the Voters...