LG G Pro 2 Launch Confirmed To Be In February - Expectations So Far

When last year the Korean manufacturer released LG Optimus G Pro in India, it was in direct competition with the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Now we have the news that LG Electronics is all set to the launch the LG G Pro 2 smartphone cum tablet in February (probably during the Mobile World Congress 2014 in Barcelona?). The company still remains tight-lipped about the flagship phone's features or specifications, but has definitely revealed the name to be 'LG G Pro 2' - dropping the word 'Optimus' from the series in the Korean #-Link-Snipped-#. Over the last year, LG has not failed to impress with its innovative smartphones LG G2 and LG G Flex. As the rumors become strong, we have got our hands on some specifics for the LG G Pro 2 features. Let us take a look at them.

The LG G Pro 2 is rumored to feature 6 inch HD display with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution. There are reports that suggest that the phablet will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon Quad Core 800 processor and will come with 3GB of RAM and an Adreno 330 GPU. Running on the latest Android 4.4 Kit Kat version, LG G Pro 2 might have a 10+ megapixel camera on the rear. Putting the phone in competition with HTC One Max, LG G Pro 2 might also feature a fingerprint scanner incorporated into the back-panel buttons of the phone, which was seen in the LG G2.

Screen Shot 2014-01-27 at 3.19.05 PM
LG Optimus G Pro​

Among the other smartphones/phablets that the phone is likely to compete with there are some definite players like Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Sony Xperia Z Ultra. This also makes us do an estimate of the price and say that the phone could be a little over-priced for Indian consumers. The original Optimus G-Pro was launched at the Mobile World Congress 2013. And hence, we have a lot to expect from the second month of this year. What are your thoughts and expectations from the LG G Pro 2 phablet? Share with us in comments below.

Replies

• Netradeep Dhonde
    Netradeep Dhonde
    LG is now bringing out cell phones with really nice specs....They are in the competition with Samsung and other top companies. But they will have to work out on their updates process...LG has a downside in this department....To compete in today's world,they will have to provide faster updates....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

LG Electronics, one of the top consumer electronic brands in India has announced a new range of ACs that offer new features like 'Himalaya Cool' and 'Monsoon Comfort'. But to...
Intex Mobiles had launched a new mid-budget smartphone in India with the name 'Intex Aqua Curve'. Though the name suggests otherwise, Intex Aqua Curve isn't a flexible display smartphone like...
Hello Friends this is Basil working as software engineer .2+ experience in .NET technologies.I found Crazy Engineers very informative and thus i am now a CEan.👍👍👍
Dear All, I have things to discuss in this forum. I am working on developing a Pipeline Leak detection System. I have developed everything only one item is reminds. I...
About me... I'm Sunil Singh. Unfortunately I had to start blogging and posting with my nick name Onil. I'm in 3rd yr of my Industrial Engineering and reside in Nagpur....