LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition Coming Up Next As The Pure Android Tablet

Adding another device to feature the pure Android experiences, LG has announced the LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition. Earlier, we saw the HTC One and Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphones coming with this edition. This is first time that a tablet is going to have a Google Play based layer and LG will be minimalizing its own UI and software to make room for the different version of Android 4.4 KitKat operating system. The new edition of LG G-Pad 8.3 will be on sale starting Tuesday at a price tag of $349. The tech specs of this device are similar to that of the LG G Pad 8.3, which went on LG G Pad 8.3 Specs & Price Revealed At Launch - The Display Features 1920 x 1200 Resolution.

The G Pad 8.3 is released with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and a customized user interface with its Optimus UI software. With apps from Google, including Google Play, Gmail and YouTube, it has access to LG apps such as QPair, QSlide, KnockOn, and Slide Aside. It also features a 1.3 MP front camera without flash and 5.0 MP AF rear-facing camera. "LG's working relationship with Google has always been strong and our collaboration on the first-ever Google Play Edition tablet is proof of that commitment," Dr. Jong-seok Park, president and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications, said in a LG Announces First-Ever Google Play Edition Tablet. "The LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition is a device with hardware and software that has been optimized for a truly consumer-friendly experience. There's nothing else like it out there in the marketplace."

slide

On the The LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition specifications chart, we find the similar 8.3" Full HD Display at 1920 x 1200 and .273 PPI. Powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 Quad Core, 1.7 GHz processor, the tablet bundles 16 GB internal storage and 2 GB RAM. A 4,600 mAh Lithium polymer runs the device and it offers connectivity via Micro USB, 3.5mm headphone jack, 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5 GHz) and Bluetooth 4.0. Cameras are the same on front and rear.

With this edition, LG and Google offer the user the ability to hide the system UI such as the status bar and navigation bar. According to LG, this feature is ideal for rich visual content such as photos, videos, maps, books and games. We still don't have release date for this G Pad, but we can soon expect an official announcement for that as the device is up on the Google Play Store website.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As the HTC Desire brand becomes more and more popular in India, the ones who wan't an alternative to Samsung and Apple smartphones are fast opting for HTC's new range...
My father today read me an excerpt from a newspaper on the topic - Tablets can not replace Laptops & Desktops. He was curious to know what the young generation...
i want to do projects using accelerometer for the mini project. and i am not able to find a good topic. can anyone please suggest me some topics that uses...
There are a lot of chemical engineers with us here and one of them started a conversation with me here on CE asking if I know the best companies for...
A lot of people who do the small forms and basic HTML web pages designing at home need a good and handy color picker tool. Mostly, when taking colors scheme...