LG Chromebase AiO Priced At Rs. 32000 - The First Chrome OS Desktop In India

The Chrome OS powered device makes an official entry in India with LG Electronics launching its 21.5 inch desktop named Chrombase AiO (All in One) in the country. LG had LG Chromebase - The Chrome OS Desktop That Looks Like iMac Launching At CES 2014 in January this year at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2014). Priced at Rs. 32,000, the company will start rolling out the Chrome OS PC in market over the next few days. Powered by a 1.4 GHz Intel Celeron processor, the desktop features 2GB DD3 RAM and a 16 GB hard drive. Highlighting the features of simplicity and banking on the wide-spread adoption in schools and business, the LG India team hopes that the Chrome OS powered devices will make their mark in the nation.

The 21.5-inch wide Full HD IPS display is coupled with a HDMI-in port, three USB 2.0 and two USB 3.0 ports as well as Ethernet support on the connectivity front. A 1.3MP HD webcam looks like a bonux. While talking about the Chromebase PC, LG always boasts about its exceptionally fast booting time (< 9 seconds). The boot speed of HDD-based computers is known to slow down and if speed impresses you LG claims that the speed performance of LG Chromebase is maintained even for long-term usage.

LG-Chrombase-AIO

Among other features, the ones that stand out on the tech specs list of Chromebase AiO are - Self updating i.e. no need for manual downloads and upgrades, built-in virus protection, multiple layers of security, reader mode and flickr safe mode for stress-free reading experience.

LG Chromebase AiO also brings mouse, keyboard and cable organizer inside the package. Popularly used by people who have the most basic computing requirements, the LG Chromebase is soon to get its competitor in Indian market when ASUS releases its own Chromebox in August 2014. What are your thoughts on the new LG Chromebase AiO, its features and price? Share with us in comments below.

Replies

• Smiech
    Smiech
    The LG Chrome base takes the Chromebox concept a step further, and builds it into an all-in-one desktop.
    The 21.5 -inch In-Plane-Switching (IPS) xdisplay has a 1,920-by-1,080 resolution. The IPS screen is pretty amazing on its own at this price, and offers excellent color quality and viewing angles. It lacks touch capability, but doesn't really need it, since Chorme isn't reliant on touch the way Windows 8 or Android is.
    Built into the screen is a feature called Reader Mode whitch adjusts the color output to reduce the blue glow that causes eye fatigue and can disrupt sleep patterns.
    There's a single USB 3.0 port and headset jack on the front right edge of the system. Above the display is a built-in HD webcam, which captures video at 720p. On the back you'll find three USB ports (two of which will be occuped with the wired keyboard and mouse) a Gigabit Ethernet port, and HDMI input. A kensington lock slot lets you physically secure the system.
    Any way, it's worth considering the LG Chromebase.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: A Franco-American research team has developed a mechanism that lets a robot adapt to injury. In their paper Antoine Cully and and Jean-Baptiste Mouret of the Sorbonne in Paris...
feeling happy to be with engineers from different parts... i myself an electronics and comm. student.. and i hope CE will be a great tool to help me in my...
The people behind the massively successful and controversial BitTorrent technology have unveiled Bleep, a new chat client that promises secure and snooping free communication. BitTorrent have implemented their knowledge of...
for processing the structure of an object, what type of camera can we use???
What if cars or planes or any other vehicle has a convergent nozzle integrated in its design? When it is then moving forward the air coming inside will be thrown...