Lepelletier Gear Set - ZF Automatic Transmission

Hi crazy engineers 😀

I have a bit of a problem here and I hope that my question is not out of place.

I want to construct a Lepelletier automatic 6 speed gearbox. I want to create a 6HP19 with the following (standard) ratios: 4.17 - 2.34 - 1.52 - 1.14 - 0.87 - 0.69 - 3.40 - -3.73

I found the dimensions of the gears on that page: #-Link-Snipped-#

However, as you can see, the short planetary gears are bigger than the long ones, which is a problem because I cannot place the ring gear around them, as it is shown here on page 8: #-Link-Snipped-#

My question: How can I keep the ratios but make the short planetaries smaller? 😀

Best wishes,
Thomas

Replies

• Thomas Schwenke
    Thomas Schwenke
    Ok, here is (perhaps) a simplified question to the question above 😀

I have the following gears: #-Link-Snipped-#

What do I need to do to lower the number of teeth of the gear in the center (light blue) WITHOUT changing the position of the left and right gears (dark blue)? The gear in light blue is the only that can be modified (position and number of teeth)!

Best wishes,
    Thomas

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Myself Prashanth.I just started my btec this year in mechanical branch.I am just interested in machines and their working.Actually I do no the opportunities in mechanical branch.So can you please...
Hi I am Sheju i studing mechanical 2nd year I need some topic and ideas for mini project any body willing to help me
Quantum Computers are hypothetical computing devices having a greater processing capacity and faster execution speed than ordinary computers. Electronic devices are bound to binary logic - 0 and 1 but...
Hi, I have completed my MCA with average > 60% marks. I have more than 60% in 10th and 12th, but my bsc percentage is not 60 its 55% and...
In the past Reliance Industries owned smartphone brand LYF had tied up with HomeShop 18 to sell its LYF Flame 3 smartphone. As Reliance Jio launch date draws closer LYF...