Lenovo VIBE S1 Smartphone Takes Selfie Mania To The Next Level

IFA 2015 event is abuzz with Lenovo announcing its all new smartphone in the VIBE family. It's called the Lenovo VIBE S1. The spirit of the times calls for everyone capturing a selfie using their phone's front camera. In fact, statistics suggest that more than a million selfies are being captured every day and half of those are shared on social networking sites such as Facebook & Instagram. There has been no major variation in the front cameras apart from the megapixels of the camera sensor varying from 2 to 13 megapixels. The folks over at Lenovo wanted to change that and let its users be more creative with their selfies and therefore on Lenovo VIBE S1, we find the 'power of two' i.e. two front cameras. How that works? Let's find out.

lenovo-vibe-s1-two-camera-launch

The VIBE S1 features an 8MP primary front camera to capture sharp photos as well as a secondary 2MP front camera that can gauge the depth-of-field information. Moreover, there's a feature called VIBE Xtension plug-in selfie flash which lets the user take a 100 selfies on a single charge. There are number of other interesting effects that can be used.

For instance - there's a feature to crop a person from a selfie and place him in another picture, the 'bokeh' effect lets you get rid of the background and a 'blur' features lets you refocus on different parts of the selfie. Apart from that, the rear end of the phone is adorned with a 13 megapixel camera that comes with phase-detection, auto-focus and dual-color flash.

Coming to the other specs - the 7.8 mm thin body has been designed with a curved glass back panel available in two colors - Midnight Blue and Pearl White. Weighing about 132g, the VIBE S1 comes with a thin rounded metal frame that blends in with the sides.

Running on Android 5.0 Lollipop OS out of the box, the VIBE S1 is powered by a 1.7GHz Octa-Core 64-bit MediaTek processor and 3 GB RAM of storage is coupled with 32 GB internal memory that can be expanded up to 128 GB via microSD card. (The company is quick to mention here that VIBE S1 has space for around 40,000 photographs).

The 5 inch display on this smartphone sports FHD resolution (1920 x 1080 pixel) touch screen with IPS technology well protected with Gorilla Glass 3. On the connectivity front, the VIBE S1 brings support for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and 4G LTE networks. (The phone supports dual Nano SIM cards).

Lenovo hasn't announced a particular launch date for VIBE S1, but has promised to bring the phone in November in most countries. The starting price for the smartphone is going to be $299 USD - which converts to ~ Rs. 20,000.

What are your thoughts about the all new Android smartphone from Lenovo? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

LG Electronics has brought HDR streaming on 4K televisions via the Amazon Video app that can be accessed from the webOS Smart TV platform. For the introduction, Amazon unveiled its...
Hello, Myself M S Patil, completed my PG in structural engg yesterday and i want to start a small scale industry related to civil products so help me in selecting...
Born and brought up in Delhi, Harsh Gupta lives in Noida (Delhi-NCR) and has a degree in mechanical engineering from JSS Academy of Technical Education. His father is a public...
As the world starts getting used to 3G and looks forward to 4G, the leading electronics equipment makers are already talking about the next generation - the fifth one aka...
Hello Sir, I have 2+ experience in manual testing.But I have left job 2 years before due to some personal reason.And now I want to start with something new,probably in...