Lenovo Phab Plus With LTE & Android Lollipop Arrives In India

Lenovo is trying to revive the phablet market in India with the arrival of Lenovo Phab Plus. The Lenovo Phab Plus was launched at IFA 2015 in the month of September. The phablet first made an appearance on the Amazon India website this morning and was officially launched by the India wing of Lenovo a couple of hours later. While the Lenovo Phab Plus comes with a price tag of Rs. 20,990 you can get it for Rs. 18,490 on Amazon. The Lenovo Phab Plus isn’t an Amazon exclusive though, it shall make it to other online retailers and brick and mortar shops soon. So what features has the Chinese electronics manufacturer put in the Lenovo Phab Plus to make it relevant in the competitive smartphone market? Let’s find out in the following paragraphs.

Lenovo Phab Plus 4
Lenovo Phab Plus 3 Lenovo Phab Plus 2 Lenovo Phab Plus 1

Displays on mid-range phablets have always been a problem for customers. While manufacturers promote the large display as a good one for watching movies, the low resolution and PPI figures prove to be an eye sore. Lenovo has tried to address this issue by giving the Phab Plus a 6.8 inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution IPS panel display with pixels per inch figure of 326. Underneath the hood we find a Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 (MSM8939) chipset which is a dual quad-core, 64 bit capable CPU housing a quad-core 1.7 GHz ARM Cortex A53 and a quad-core 1.0 GHz ARM Cortex A53 CPU, Adreno 405 GPU and 2 GB LPDDR3 RAM which run Android Lollipop in full throttle.

Since Lenovo is placing a bet that the Phab Plus will combine the best of both worlds, smartphone and tablet it has given it a 13MP dual LED flash equipped camera on the rear and a 5MP front snapper. In the multimedia department, we were pleased to find not just the regular Dolby Atmos setting for headphones but also a 1cc sound chamber on the rear side that is pretty loud for movie watching. Lenovo has added a one-hand mode on the Phab Plus that can shrink to display to one side for one handed use. The LTE enabled, dual-SIM equipped Lenovo Phab Plus is powered by a 3500 mAh which in recent times seems like a small capacity for a phablet. All connectivity options and required sensors are duly included. The Lenovo Phab Plus will be sold in Honey Gold, Titanium Silver, and Gunmetal Grey colour variants.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# & #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sir, I have 62 % in my 10th, 52 % in my 12th and 48 % in my btech(due to some personal problem with clg) so wat is the best...
American company InFocus has announced a new Android smartphone called 'InFocus M370' that is going on sale in India at Rs. 5999 on 9th October. Available in two colour variants...
Wishing CEan @Saandeep Sreerambatla a very happy birthday. May all your dreams and wishes come true. Have a rocking year ahead.
A friend shared this video with me telling me how hard it is for her to maintain work life balance. All work, No Play - she wrote as the caption....
As it turns out, thousands take home loan in India by the age of 25 or 30 to buy a house they want to live in, instead of paying rent....