Lenovo Cast: Puck-Shaped Media Streaming Device For $49

At the Lenovo Tech World event held in Beijing, the Chinese electronics giant arrived in the media streaming devices market with the Lenovo Cast. Unlike its major rivals the Google Chromecast and Roku Streaming Stick, the Lenovo Cast ditches the industry standard dongle design and goes with an ice hockey puck inspired circular look. The Lenovo Cast measures 70mm in diameter and 15mm in height. On the Lenovo Cast, we find a micro HDMI port that accepts the included HDMI to micro-HDMI male cable that can be hooked to any HDMI 1.3 compliant TV or monitor. Just as always the streaming device relies on a free USB port on your TV to power itself. Once the setup is complete you can stream media from a DLNA or Miracast-enabled tablet or smartphone or even Windows 8.1 PC on a bigger screen at the click of a button.

Lenovo Cast

Lenovo Cast offers significant advantages over its competitors by adding dual frequency Wi-Fi that promises seamless streaming even if the originating device is in the other room. The claimed range of the Lenovo Cast stands at 20 meters or 65 feet. Videos of up to 1080p resolution can be streamed using the Lenovo Cast. Lenovo Cast is priced at $49 (Rs. 3130) which is a lot more expensive than the market leading device, the Google Chromecast now available in India with a price tag of Rs. 3099 that retails at $35 (Rs. 2235) but like the similarly priced Roku's Streaming Stick To Take On Google's Chromecast it is not bound by certain limitations. The only thing missing from the Lenovo Cast is a remote which is a part of the standard package on the Amazon Fire TV = Set Top Box + Gaming Console which a lot more expensive but comes with a myriad of features.

The Lenovo Cast will arrive in stores in the month of August. Will it be the new crowd favourite? Post your predictions in the comment section below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have got 72 % in CBSE with 71% in PCM I got a seat in Amity Noida, for B.Tech CSE. Also got 1531 rank in CET BCA. What should...
Lenovo has upgraded its enterprise tablet offering by spicing it up with Microsoft Windows 10 and a plethora of accessories for every business need. The Chinese electronics manufacturer unveiled the...
Lenovo, a large and diversified Chinese company, has announced three laptops at its first global technology innovation event- Lenovo Tech World in Beijing. The company has unveiled multimedia-focused Lenovo Z41...
With the release date of Windows 10 fast approaching, Microsoft has put forth new Windows Store app certification policies that aims at eliminating problems associated with its app ecosystem. The...
Hi Friends , Am BE graduate in ECE with 71% from VTU, i wanted ( to say specifically : had confidence that i will go to core industry, but din't...