Lenovo A8-50 Tablet Launched - Price In India, Specs And Features Out

Lenovo India has silently pushed its new Android tablet in the Indian market with Lenovo A8-50, an 8-inch Android device that features voice-calling. Running on the slightly older Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS out-of-the-box, the Lenovo A8-50 tablet shall soon be upgraded to the latest version - Android 4.4 KitKat. Priced in India at Rs. 17,999 the tab features a 8-inch HD screen with a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels with 10-point multi-touch. Under the hood, the tablet comes with a 1.3 GHz MediaTek Quad-Core processor coupled with 1 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage that can be expanded via microSD card up to 32 GB.

Lenovo-A8-50-Tablet

The powerhouse for the tablet is a 4200mAh Li-Polymer fixed battery that offers a talktime of 11 hours and standby time of up to 20 days. On the tablet's rear end, there's a 5 megapixel fixed focus camera that doesn't support LED Flash, while on the front there's a 2 megapixel snapper. Among the connectivity options, the Lenovo A8-50 brings support for all the basics including - 3G, WiFi, GPS/A-GPS, GPRS/EDGE, Micro USB, FM radio and Bluetooth 4.0. The presence of Dual stereo speakers with Dolby Digital Plus audio enhancement give the Lenovo A8-50 tablet users a good audio experience.

Available in four colors - White, Midnight Blue, Flamenco Red and Canary Yellow, the Lenovo A8-50 tablet has started retailing at a price of Rs. 17,999 through various e-commerce portals and official Lenovo website.

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Even though the price is on the higher side I liked the fact that tablet is offering a powerhouse battery with 4200 mAh
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    MediaTek processor, freaking GPL violator. Buy product with MediaTek processor & get stuck in Stock ROM because they'll never release the kernel source code. Things get worse when they are even charging licensing fees from device manufacturers for Linux source code which is licensed under GPLv2.
    You can't just charge money for the shit that you got for free.What's up with this ass-faggotry by MT ? I don't get it!

But it is interesting how all the Android One devices which is equipped with MT SoCs have released kernel source code. Maybe Google forced them 😛
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    absolute waste of time!!!!!!!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Price and specifications don't go hand in hand. The companies need to get the whole equation right for any of these products to work in the Indian market.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A report from Economic Times blew up the entire techblog space this weekend with the news of a WhatsApp rival being planned by Google. This news is as interesting as...
Hi there, I'm in a dilemma here 😔 I've read the specifications for uploading the files and made the photo, sign and certificate. Still the error shows up in the...
Sir Engineers, do you have any ideas how to calibrate gas sensor mq2 using pic microcontrollers?? Any schematic or circuit for these projects? Thanks..
I have read that , best text book for propulsion is gas turbines , by many of my friends , what do you suggest me friends ?
In a groundbreaking research work at the Ohio State University, a team from the department of Chemistry and Biochemistry has come up with a new device that works as a...