LED Technology Gets Cheaper, Better And More Efficient

Zhibin Yu, Professor of the Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering at the Florida State University and his team has worked on an innovative solution to bring down the cost of production of light emitting diodes (LEDs). The new LED technology uses both inorganic and organic materials which can be applied like a paint. The biggest problem it solves is that the traditional methods require about four to five layers of the material for creation of the desired product. Yu and his team's technology reduces the number of layers to just one.

The improvement directly results into lowering the cost of manufacturing LEDs. You might be aware that the cost of LEDs has been the biggest obstacle in the widespread adoption of the LEDs. The LED bulbs have been known to offer huge energy savings over the traditional lighting systems and with the new manufacturing improvements, Yu believes that it can revolutionize the industrial and residential lighting technology.

LED-Cheap-Efficient

The use of LEDs over regular incandescent bulbs is being promoted all over the world. The United States Department Of Energy notes that the residential lighting that uses LED technology brings down the energy consumption by about 75%.

The research work has has fetched Prof. Yu an award from the US National Science Foundation. Yu and his team will now continue to research the technology. One of the goals for the research will be to create stretchable, active matrix organic LED screens. Further information can be obtained from the source link mentioned below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• dontmail2me
    dontmail2me
    Prof. Zhibhin Yu's great work should eliminate duplicate and cheap LEDs available in the market

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello friends Iam student from SRI VIDYANIKETHAN ENGINEERING college TIRUPATI we r going to conduct a techno cultural fest "MOHAN MANTRA" . It was very sucess last year.How can we...
Promoted as the faster multi-tasking phone best suited for the tech savvy generation, the Micromax Canvas Nitro 4G is powered by an Octa Core 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 415 processor and...
As we know in cpp, constructor used to intialize instances ....but why aren't they called as initializer instead?
Hi, Do you have any substitute for www.hackerrank.com? Actually, I have to prepare for my placements and when I solve the challenges on this website, I am not sure from...
What is the effect of power signal on communication signal on superimposed on power line?? What is the effect of Fourier Series in Power Line Carrier Communication as both power...