Lava Iris Pro 20 Priced In India At Rs. 14K - Features Android Jelly Bean & Quad Core

Lava Mobiles has today launched a new smartphone called the Lava Iris Pro 20 in India. As we take a look down the phone's specifications list, we find a 4.5-inch screen with qHD (960 x 540 pixel) IPS display and features full lamination and Gorilla Glass. Running on Android v4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) operating system, the device packs inside it a 1.2GHz Quad Core processor. Powered by a Li-Polymer, 2000 mAh battery with CABC power saving technology, the phone offers a 400 hours of standby time and 4.5 hours of talk time on 3G. At 112gm, the phone is pretty lightweight and has Dual SIM (Normal + Micro) support, which is just great.

On the memory front, the phone scores just about ok with 1 GB RAM, 4 GB internal memory that can be extended up to 32 GB via microSD card. And finally the only important thing left is the camera - there's an 8 megapixel snapper on the rear with Dual LED Flash and Digital Zoom support. The front camera is a VGA one. For the user's connectivity needs, there's 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, EDGE, GPRS, GPS and USB. Apps for Google Talk, YouTube, Gmail, Google Search and Google Play come pre-installed with the phone.

lava-iris-pro-20-smartphone-1

lava-iris-pro-20-smartphone-3 lava-iris-pro-20-smartphone-2 lava-iris-pro-20-smartphone-4
Among the additional features, there's noise cancellation with dual mic and unlimited call and phonebook memory. The accelerometer and proximity sensors are bundled in too. The smartphone is priced in India at Rs. 13,999 and is available for buying online through the e-commerce portals and offline retailers.

Back in January, Indian consumers were really excited about the launch of the Lava Iris Pro Launch On Friday In India - Are You Ready To See Art In Smart? of smartphones. Since then a number of smartphones from Lava Mobiles' smartphones have sprung up and attracted a lot of market in the country. How do you like the latest gadget from the company? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Aditya Deshmukh
    Aditya Deshmukh
    I don't understand why these people are introducing smartphones with jelly bean 4.2 instead of 4.3 or higher. At this point, every new android phone should have kitkat installed in it.! Google recently stated about 'kitkat in new android phones'.
  • Netradeep Dhonde
    Netradeep Dhonde
    Still Moto G is the champ in 14k price segment due to its unrivaled performance
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    The first phone that I have come across that supports both micro and normal SIM. I agree with #-Link-Snipped-# 's view Google should force regional manufactures to make sure that they push the latest OS with their devices.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    The first phone that I have come across that supports both micro and normal SIM. I agree with #-Link-Snipped-# 's view Google should force regional manufactures to make sure that they push the latest OS with their devices.
    Google has plans to force it; refer - #-Link-Snipped-#

Not sure, why still the devices are planning to come with older android version.
    Meanwhile, I must admit design of this new smartphone from Lava looks impressive.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

LogmeOnce fulfills an everyday need. Who isn’t worried these days about getting hacked, forgetting their passwords, or just being vulnerable because they have weak passwords? LogmeOnce offers a secure, easy-to-use...
Linda Garmon submitted a new project: ScratchJr - We are developing a computer coding language for children ages 6 to 7! Coding is the new literacy. That's why we are...
Japanese smartphone maker Sharp has announced a new flagship smartphone for their Aquos line-up. The company has named this phone - Aqous Xx302Sh. The most peculiar thing about this smartphone...
Last year, Sony entered the mirrorless camera market by launching A7 and A7R and now it looks like the company wants to establish itself in this market. The Japanese company...
Apple was the first company to introduce the 64-bit architecture chipsets which debuted in iPhone 5s. The 64-bit CPU - Apple A7 was based on ARMv8 instructions. Now the news...