Lava Iris 550Q Announced, Priced At Rs. 13,000

Lava has announced a new addition to their range of mid-range smartphones today. The Lava Iris 550Q was unveiled at a price tag of Rs. 13,000. The launch date of the smartphone however, was kept secret. The Iris 550Q is powered by a 1.2 GHz Quad-core processor and has a 1GB internal RAM and an expandable 4 GB ROM. The screen is a 13.9 cm (5.5 inch) HD IPS display. The phone has a 8 MP rear camera and a 2 MP front camera. The Li-Polymer battery of the 550Q has a capacity of 2600mAh. Finally, the Dual-SIM phone will contain Android v4.2 Jelly Bean.
lava iris
Most of the smartphones by Lava have been for the economy range with only three smartphones more than Rs. 9500. The upper mid-range is dominated by smartphones from Samsung, LG, Sony ,Micromax and to some extent, Nokia. Mainly, the Iris 550 Q will have to compete with the Sony Xperia L, Nokia Lumia 620, Micromax Canvas 4, the Samsung Galaxy Core and the Moto G.
lava iris1
The screen size of the 550 Q is brilliant but the 267 ppi from the screen is not good enough. The screen is laminated end-to-end and the IPS acts as a anti-glare coating. Lava claims that the BSI technology enabled rear camera is able to take excellent images even in low light. An LED flash is present to assist the camera in low light. The camera can record videos at 1080p at 30fps. The screen resolution is 720 by 1280 pixels. The phone memory can be expanded upto 32 GB using a microSD card. The battery has a standby time of 10 hours on 2G and 5 hours on 3G. Finally the phone measures 156 mm x 77.8 mm x 9.8 mm and weighs 177 gms.

It will be safe to say that Lava has done just enough to make this phone a serious contender for the market, though we believe it can up its game further.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Lets Start Discussion for ISRO 2014 Preparation and probable Question !!
How Weighted-Resistor and R-2R ladder D/A converter works?
Quote: If you've ever wondered just what part gravity plays upon a boomerang, then you're in luck. Japanese astronaut and International Space Station crew member Takao Doi once brought a...
I think i really found a paradise for me.This is the first time I think i am getting an opportunity to mean real manic crazy fab and lords of engineering.😉...
How do you like the idea of diverting the path of lightning strikes so that they don't hit the buildings? Engineers and optical researchers at the University of Arizona and...