Laptop shut down problem

Hi CEans , I am experiencing a problem in shutting down my laptop.Two days before, I used hibernate option to hibernate my laptop .Then I used same option for two more times yesterday. Now when I try to shutdown my laptop i.e. I placed my cursor over the shutdown option and clicked it but nothing happened and now I am able to do only hibernate my laptop and I am not able to lock or logoff or restart. .What may be the problem behind this malfunction but after many attempts all of a sudden I am able to shutdown the laptop.Why it happened?
And another problem my friends are experiencing is that” control panel “ icon and in startup is gone(invisible).I had tried to run via run command but still nothing happens.Some people suggest that it may be due to virus problem but I want to know the actual fact behind it.
When I use tune up utilities, I had the option to not use the HIBERNATE option to gain 1gb space in :/c.Is it true that I get such space by doing it?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It'd help if you could tell us which operating system you are using.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
  • Alok mishra
    Alok mishra
    Yes it is due to virus , check your start up programs and disable those that are not genuine or unrecognized to you .
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    You know Windows users are funny, anything 'unusual' happens; they blame it on virus 😛
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Just forcefully turnoff the computer and start again. It should work. Same thing happened to me few days ago. Looks like sign of some rogue update.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Abhishek Rawal
    You know Windows users are funny, anything 'unusual' happens; they blame it on virus 😛
    Actually you are correct

Many amateurs use Windows and they are in no way to discern between an hardware issue and Software problem

This generally makes problem solving a Windows machine really tough

@#-Link-Snipped-# Can you pls post a detail of your laptop like the make and other stuff How many years are you using and also the battery life time
    Hcl ,Past 8months and battery life of 4 hours.(Its A government laptop )
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Hcl ,Past 8months and battery life of 4 hours.(Its A government laptop )
    Problem is very simple the OS is not installed properly in your system Some of the files where missing

Actually this is a common fault in most of the government laptops Just reinstall your OS it should work fine

There are no viruses and shit in your system Only a OS which is not fully installed with all the required files
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    Also it wont hurt to get drives scanned.
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Hi CEans , I am experiencing a problem in shutting down my laptop.Two days before, I used hibernate option to hibernate my laptop .Then I used same option for two more times yesterday. Now when I try to shutdown my laptop i.e. I placed my cursor over the shutdown option and clicked it but nothing happened and now I am able to do only hibernate my laptop and I am not able to lock or logoff or restart. .What may be the problem behind this malfunction but after many attempts all of a sudden I am able to shutdown the laptop.Why it happened?
    And another problem my friends are experiencing is that” control panel “ icon and in startup is gone(invisible).I had tried to run via run command but still nothing happens.Some people suggest that it may be due to virus problem but I want to know the actual fact behind it.
    When I use tune up utilities, I had the option to not use the HIBERNATE option to gain 1gb space in :/c.Is it true that I get such space by doing it?
    i think first u should try to restore and use the search option to get to the controll pannel one more thing is that try to repair the os if still there is problem then pls reply.
    Problem solved automatically.i don't know how it happened but now i am able to shut down pc.Thanks who had given their time to answer me.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I connected two Windows 8 PCs using cross over cable. The connection was successful and I shared D partition. Both the PCs are in the same workgroup..But when i click...
Here are a few questions about dry ice: 1) how exactly is it prepared ? 2) how long can it remain in solid state once exposed to room temperature ?
I use a lot of pendrives in my Pc and a problem that I faced which made me mad was those "Shortcut virus".Let me explain it in detail so that...
Hello, I felt this question relates a lot of radiative heat transfer and hence i'm posting it here. Actually came up during the moonlit night yesterday. It was disturbing my...
Just hopped across this SpaceX's Grasshopper video which made another feat this month. Is it good (or i would prefer the word feasible to introduce re-usable / balanced re-entry rocket...