Laptop buying advice

hey i want to buy a laptop with the following config:
core2duo, 2gb ram,250 gb hard disk,14.1" lcd

which laptop has the best price for this config? i'll be programming with some extent of gaming too. my budget is at the max 45-50k.

also i wanted to know how the dell inspiron/xps doing in india in terms of servicing and any hardware-related problems. ๐Ÿ˜•

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    rohitvishnu

which laptop has the best price for this config? i'll be programming with some extent of gaming too. my budget is at the max 45-50k.

also i wanted to know how the dell inspiron/xps doing in india in terms of servicing and any hardware-related problems. ๐Ÿ˜•
    40-45k, what currency?
  • anuragh27crony
    anuragh27crony
    if your buget is of 50K...then i would recommend for....

1) Apple MAC book (i hope it's price tag is above 50k)
    2) Dell XPS (Excellent Build Quality)
    3) Sony Vaio

since there are different models ...i would suggest you look for a laptop with graphics card (atleat 256 MB and good GPU speed)
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    rohitvishnu

Buddy you can get this configuration within 35 K for HP which is not bad.

BUT, let me clear on thing... you have not given the full configuration, you want core2duo ??GHz this is the deciding factor for rates of notebooks.
    I was telling you price for Core2Duo 1.8Ghz (Hp DV6830), may be in 45-50 K you can get Core2Duo 2.0 Ghz with 2 GB ram and 250 GB HDD

-Crazy
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    rohitvishnu

If you have this much budget go for XPS... Inspirion is for looks.. not great for professionals.

You can expect good service at Banglore, Delhi surely. I used Dell Inspirion for around 8 months... and never faced a single problem. But I use for home purpose only.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've been using XPS for a long time now and it works fine. Take my advice, first determine the purpose of the laptop and then decide the configuration. I know lot of people who bought core2duo thing only to play DVDs. What a waste!
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    I've been using XPS for a long time now and it works fine. Take my advice, first determine the purpose of the laptop and then decide the configuration. I know lot of people who bought core2duo thing only to play DVDs. What a waste!

Make sense biggi...

Piece of advice is to collect requirement first then spend amount as per the feature. May be as per your requirement you can customize your laptop features within your range.
  • anuragh27crony
    anuragh27crony
    crazyboy
    Make sense biggi...

Piece of advice is to collect requirement first then spend amount as per the feature. May be as per your requirement you can customize your laptop features within your range.
    Nice advice....๐Ÿ˜›
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    For gaming, core2duo is highly recommended. Any other chip type (including Intel Dual Core) would be highly loaded and cause it to run at a higher temperature. We wouldn't want that to happen ๐Ÿ˜‰

I've got an Acer Aspire 4920. Its pretty good and value for money ๐Ÿ˜€ But, it doesnt have a dedicated gfx chip. The latter is important!
  • indianapple
    indianapple
    Hey guys. Well the original question was asked by me. I used a friend's account for posting it since i had to go out. Well I'm studying CSE and so i'll need it for projects and programming and some gaming when i'm bored.

well i have a core 2 duo 1.83GHz PC right now but i wanna buy a laptop because i'll be moving around for projects and to make use of wi-fi net at college.

The Hp DV6830 looks good to me. What's the exact price now? because i'm not able to find a quote for it on the net.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    indianapple
    Hey guys. Well the original question was asked by me. I used a friend's account for posting it since i had to go out. Well I'm studying CSE and so i'll need it for projects and programming and some gaming when i'm bored.

well i have a core 2 duo 1.83GHz PC right now but i wanna buy a laptop because i'll be moving around for projects and to make use of wi-fi net at college.

The Hp DV6830 looks good to me. What's the exact price now? because i'm not able to find a quote for it on the net.
    Assuming that you are in India - I recommend against buying online. Also, for the exact price, your best bet is to check with the local dealer. The price varies by a significant amount.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    indianapple

Around a year back I bought it somewhere around 680$.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    hmmm
    By specifications
    You can upgrade your hardisk or your RAM so better notthink of thme. Common specification now goes like 120-160GB aand u can always upgrade your RAM
    So incase you want to do high end programming or gaming... better opt for higher Processing speeds .. I guess the currnelt commonly available speed is 2.83 GHz.. . If you have a hardisk handy... then I would rather suggest donnot go for Harddrive capacity rather invest on speed
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    my suggestion

DELL XPS

ITS AWESOME!!!! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    durga
    hmmm
    By specifications
    You can upgrade your hardisk or your RAM so better notthink of thme. Common specification now goes like 120-160GB aand u can always upgrade your RAM
    So incase you want to do high end programming or gaming... better opt for higher Processing speeds .. I guess the currnelt commonly available speed is 2.83 GHz.. . If you have a hardisk handy... then I would rather suggest donnot go for Harddrive capacity rather invest on speed
    That's true.

Just to remind you, once you will change / upgrade the any hardware part of your laptop, your laptop warranty will lapse. Correct me if I am wrong. ๐Ÿ˜

-Crazy
  • indianapple
    indianapple
    Hey i finally bought the HP 2910tx for Rs. 50000. Its got great features for its price. Here's the specs for anyone interested:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz
    320 GB SATA Hard Disk
    3 GB RAM
    128MB Nvidia Graphics Card
    14.1" lcd
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Wifi
    2 USB ports
    HDMI port
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    indianapple
    Hey i finally bought the HP 2910tx for Rs. 50000. Its got great features for its price. Here's the specs for anyone interested:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz
    320 GB SATA Hard Disk
    3 GB RAM
    128MB Nvidia Graphics Card
    14.1" lcd
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Wifi
    2 USB ports
    HDMI port

Looks cool...I liked the processor speed.. ๐Ÿ˜ 2 GHz ๐Ÿ˜ man you are going to enjoy this. Also NVidia graphics cards rocks man.

-CB
  • florachristi
    florachristi
    nice advise...,I need advise for buy processor? Please guide me
  • manupep
    manupep
    You bought the laptop . good . Anyway i want to share my experiance . I have ben using TOSHIBA laptop for the past 6 years . That time they had only limited configs like 40 gb Hd . 256 MB ram . 2 usbs . wifi was not there . DVD combo drive . but the speed is 2.40 GHz ! hows it? hehe . I didnt face any prob till now . The battery backup is reduced to 10 mnts now , becz i have never changed my battery for the past 6 years hehehe.... Many times it fall into rough use even rain fall ,but still the h/w showing good performance . No need of a single maintanance at all . Now i'm thinking of buying a new lap . And no questions definetly i will go for TOSHIBA .

I amnot aware of the performance of other brand but sure abt this .
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    manupep
    You bought the laptop . good . Anyway i want to share my experiance . I have ben using TOSHIBA laptop for the past 6 years . That time they had only limited configs like 40 gb Hd . 256 MB ram . 2 usbs . wifi was not there . DVD combo drive . but the speed is 2.40 GHz ! hows it? hehe . I didnt face any prob till now . The battery backup is reduced to 10 mnts now , becz i have never changed my battery for the past 6 years hehehe.... Many times it fall into rough use even rain fall ,but still the h/w showing good performance . No need of a single maintanance at all . Now i'm thinking of buying a new lap . And no questions definetly i will go for TOSHIBA .

I amnot aware of the performance of other brand but sure abt this .

2.4 GHz .. Oh My GOSH!!

that too before 6 yrs... You had a great deal. Buddy I am not sure about Toshiba... but deffinaltely the price range you are looking for (Assuming more then 60K for this much processer speed...) Mac Is also not a bad option.

-Crazy ๐Ÿ˜
  • PARTH.DP
    PARTH.DP
    you should go for a customize laptop.dell xps is agood option but it may not come for option of amd processor which suittts best for graphics as you mention that you will go for game programming.in this casr go for hp pavillions customized notebooks
  • reasonforlappy
    reasonforlappy
    Hi guys
    I just completed my computer engg course.
    and now I am looking forward to do my IT skills enhancements as there are very little chance of getting job soon.....
    I m planning to buy a laptop (thats why I am writing here.....๐Ÿ˜€)
    my requirements are that mobile sdk, java eclipse, linux and I want to add one more question here that I also want to know is Vista a good OS for IT hard core developers... cause I searched for laptops for last few weeks and found every damn laptop brands come with vista only...
    and yeah I would also like to play games... and want to learn game programming too...
    tentative config would be
    core2duo 2.0 GHz, ram 3-4 GB, Wi-fi, bluetooth
    (need suggestion if this is correct config for my requirements)
    also need a good service (I'm residing in Pune,India)
    reply...
    thanks in advance
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hi,

No matter which Laptop you buy, I recommend installing UBuntu 8.10 ๐Ÿ˜€ You'll get everything you want and a very nice, stable, geeky OS.

Vista - if you are a gamer.
  • reasonforlappy
    reasonforlappy
    The_Big_K
    Hi,

No matter which Laptop you buy, I recommend installing UBuntu 8.10 ๐Ÿ˜€ You'll get everything you want and a very nice, stable, geeky OS.

Vista - if you are a gamer.
    thank you for your reply.....
    but I am confused between dell xps, acer and hp pavillion......
    my budget is around 40K Rs
  • vinaynitdgp
    vinaynitdgp
    i was a bit confused between compaq and dell
    but i am forced to go for compaq cq40-144tu over dell1525 as i am in bengal and dell have
    certain issues here regarding payment of sales taxes
    is compaq right choice ?
    i think it is better than acer anyday.
    specially the new compaq models
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I believe the first thing you should for is support - how good is compaq's support in West Bengal?
  • masterfrm
    masterfrm
    I think dell laptops would be best choice for such configuration i.e. core2duo, 2gb RAM,250 GB hard disk,14.1" LCD

I am using DELL Inspiron E1505 since last 2 yrs. with almost same configuration.

I took it from popular online store on internet. They also provide me 2 extra batteries during their Offer Season.

check this store >>> ๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

please do explain the importance of linux shell programming and linux troubleshooting in current software industry. i am quite interested in it. can they help me in future?
what is the function of trap flag in 8086 microprocessor?
hello everybody. I am a Electrical engineering student and doing my final project. Actually am developing Equivalent circuit for Gunn Diode and I am having difficulty understaning my error in...
Diwali - The festival of lights! Deepavali, or Divali is a major Indian festival, and a significant festival in Hinduism, Sikhism and Jainism. [3] Many legends are associated with Diwali....
Lets Discuss here that whts special about this DIWALI at your side. Well from My side i am going to my village after a long time on this diwali