Lane Detection in MATLAB

Hi friends..
Im i Planning to do a project of Detecting the Lane Markings on the road & Notifying about the location of the vehicle to the driver. How can i detect the lines in Matlab??? and also how to process video from a camera in matlab??

Anyone who is expert in Matlab Image processing??
Thank you in Advance.....

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Hello Ashfaq, welcome to CrazyEngineers 😀

Have you used the Image Processing Toolbox in Matlab before? I'm no expert, but basically you'll need to perform some contrast and threshold operations to highlight the lane markings first.

What type of camera are you going to use?
  • Ashfaq_2009
    Ashfaq_2009
    Thanks ash!! for your attention to this thread...

I have just got the idea of this project. I have some experience in MATLAB but not in Image Processing Toolbox. Also can i get Matlab code for Lane Detection from somewhere.Can i use Normal Webcam?? or there are any specific resolution requirements.

I want to interface Matlab to a Vehicle Model through SERIAL PORT. So expecting help in that part also...

Thank you in advance..

CE really ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEO Biz Stone’s blog post: People, organizations, and businesses quickly began leveraging the open nature of the network to share anything they wanted, completely ignoring the original question, seemingly on...
No talk. Go here: Chromium Source Code chromiumos.git
Kareena plays the role of Avanitka who comes to Delhi from USA. In Delhi she meets Ehsaan, played by Saif Ali Khan, who is a lecturer at the Islamic Studies...
Content source: TechCrunch We focus on three things. Speed. Simplicity. Security. We want Chrome OS to be blazingly fast, basically instant-on. Chrome (the browser) on Chrome OS is going to...
[youtube]0QRO3gKj3qw[/youtube] What do you think, folks?