KYCEan Reloaded ! KYCEan-Chaitanya Kukde

Hello CEans !
It has been quite a while now that you have got the opportunity to know about your fellow CEan. So here I am, presenting to you an upbeat CEan who has made his mark on the community with his informative threads. He has always been actively involved and has kept his views forth in discussions. A religious football follower-Chaitanya Kukde

1. Karishma : Give a brief introduction of yourself.
    Chaitanya :
    First, thank you for providing an opportunity to brag about myself. I am studying in final year at ECE, RCOEM. I absolutely LOVE quizzing. I like playing guitar. I also like reading, especially history-related books (I am a huge WWII buff). And who can forget sports, especially football? To quote Jerry Seinfeld: "I can read the sports section (even) if my hair was on fire"

Karishma : Where did you hear of CE and why did you join it?
    Chaitanya :
    Before CE, all I used the internet was for Wikipedia and Facebook. So can't say if I took efforts to explore any other sites, let alone a tech news website. And then, one fine day, the CE guys showed up with a chance to explore and be a part of a whole new dimension of the internet that I was unaware of. Now, who would pass up an opportunity like that, huh?

Karishma : “Life means STRUGGLE”, do you agree with the statement?
    Chaitanya :
    I do agree with it. In fact, I would go a step further to say that life IS struggle. The vice-versa may also be true.

Karishma : Why did you choose engineering?
    Chaitanya :
    Because I thought a Bachelors in Science won’t pay me much.

Karishma : Technically what do you love about the branch of engineering you are in?
    Chaitanya : Electronics provides a bridge between the cyber and physical worlds. It is a platform where physics and mathematics and logic and material science come together to create a world we see today which hardly anyone could have imagined few decades ago.

Karishma : What drives you crazy?
    Chaitanya : I guess my insatiable quest for knowledge and samosas, maybe...

Karishma : Narrate to us any funny incident from your life.
    Chaitanya : Back in the days when I was about 6 years old my house was being painted at that time. Mom was talking to her friend outside and I was alone in the house. Eager to admire the beauty of the freshly painted wall from a distance, I was stepping away from the wall without even looking back. I stumbled and got my butt stuck in a not-so-empty bucket of Asian Paints. My wailing was effectively masked by the traffic sounds from outside. About 30 minutes later, Mom came and I was rescued. Legends say it took 4 days and countless bars of soap to relieve me of the paint smell. Still today, this is brought up in almost every family get-together and everyone has a good laugh about it. I still have nightmares about drowning in giant paint buckets...

Karishma : “Friends are the most important ingredient in the recipe of LIFE “,tell us a little about the friendships you hold.
    Chaitanya : Well, the friendships I’ve had are pauca sed bona. I still share a close friendship with three of my schoolmates. We meet up to watch movies and stuff. Although the number of meetups has decreased exponentially thanks to busy college schedules, I feel incredibly fortunate being friends with guys having a highly (im)mature school of thought.

Also, I have always cherished friendship with my bandmates. They are incredibly talented and I have learnt many things from each one of them. An amazing thing about them is how each one provides highly different perspectives on one idea. Its awesome how music brings such diverse bunch of people together.

Karishma : Tell us about 2 irritating habits of yours.
    Chaitanya :
    1. Serial procrastinator
    2. Too much detail oriented

Karishma : What do you dream of doing or being everyday?
    Chaitanya :
    There is a huge, huge list of things I dream of: Ranging from travelling to Swiss Alps to flying a World War 2-era fighter plane.

Karishma : What do you like to do in your free time?
    Chaitanya :
    I play guitar or listen to music in my free time

Karishma : Any incident from the past which has had a life changing impact on you and what did you learn from it?
    Chaitanya : No. Not particular one incident as such. But what I have learnt from most is honesty. It is really important to be honest first to yourself and then to the world.

Karishma : If you were a millionaire for a day, what are the things that you would love to do?
    Chaitanya : Buy a private football pitch and a badminton court, some really nice guitars and guitar amps. Then I’ll split the remaining money in two. I’ll invest one part in Google and will donate the other part to Wikipedia.

Karishma : Tell us about any funny incident from your college life.
    Chaitanya : I’ll be honest. There is nothing funny about my college or college life.

Karishma : Where do you see yourself in the future?
    Chaitanya : I really don’t know. Maybe I could be a techie for a band, maybe a CEO of my own company or maybe just another engineer. Who knows?

Karishma : Choose one :A peaceful evening with a book of your choice on the mountain top or an exciting evening with friends at a beach in Goa? Why?
    Chaitanya :
    Definitely the former. Books/music + caffeine + nature = eternal happiness.

Karishma : Whom do you trust the most in your life and why?
    Chaitanya :
    Physics. Because physics drives chemistry. Chemistry drives the brain. Brain drives emotion. Emotions drive people. Some people hate physics. I hate people who hate physics. The cycle is complete. Keep calm and trust physics.

Karishma : In your opinion, how far does Indian education help in building innovative engineers these days?
    Chaitanya : I think innovation lies outside the classrooms. Students and instructors both should understand this. I agree on the fact that India may not have the most advanced engineering colleges, but a lack of infrastructure shouldn’t mean lack of quality ideas. Entrepreneurship may be the one thing keeping brilliant ideas away from execution.

Karishma : Which CEan would you like to meet over a cup of coffee and why?
    Chaitanya : The Big K aka #-Link-Snipped-#. I am a regular reader of his blog and I like his insights. Maybe we could have a nice debate on various topics.

Also, I'd like to meet #-Link-Snipped-#. I am in awe of his authority on the subject of Open Source systems, especially Linux.

Karishma : Your words for the readers.
    Chaitanya : I haven’t seen the world enough to ‘give my word’, but here is something from movie The Pursuit of Happyness that always inspires me. This was said by Chris Gardner (Will Smith) to his son (Jaden Smith): “Don't ever let somebody tell you... You can't do something. You got a dream... You gotta protect it. People can't do somethin' themselves, they wanna tell you you can't do it. If you want somethin', go get it. Period.”

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Great interview! Would love to have coffee with you, provided you pay the bill 😉
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Nice interview. Would enjoy to talk Linux, Electronics & Physics over couple of coffee ☕☕
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I think we've discovered a gem of a person in this VoiCEan. 👍

Kudos to you #-Link-Snipped-#
    The answers were really good. I wish you all the very best for your coming endeavors, and I am pretty sure you will make it large.

PS: Need to see you play the guitar. When do I get invited next? ☕
  • Chaitanya Kukde
    Chaitanya Kukde
    Thank you everyone!! I feel that the path to a good answer is paved by a great question. So hats off to the brilliance of #-Link-Snipped-# who unlocks personalities with such ease as evident from her previous KYCEan interviews.
    #-Link-Snipped-# Will pay the bill provided you order a simple chai...
    #-Link-Snipped-# maybe at my next album launch 😛 and #-Link-Snipped-# CCD next month then?
  • Karishma Manwani
    Karishma Manwani
    Thanks a ton 😀
    But you are just being humble ! It was really good to converse with you 😀
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Karishma Manwani

Karishma :
    Narrate to us any funny incident from your life.

Chaitanya :
    Back in the days when I was about 6 years old my house was being painted at that time. Mom was talking to her friend outside and I was alone in the house. Eager to admire the beauty of the freshly painted wall from a distance, I was stepping away from the wall without even looking back. I stumbled and got my butt stuck in a not-so-empty bucket of Asian Paints. My wailing was effectively masked by the traffic sounds from outside. About 30 minutes later, Mom came and I was rescued. Legends say it took 4 days and countless bars of soap to relieve me of the paint smell. Still today, this is brought up in almost every family get-together and everyone has a good laugh about it. I still have nightmares about drowning in giant paint buckets...

I can picture myself in your shoes.😁 Old is gold. Memories. 😍

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: Transformational is a word that gets thrown around a lot. But these startups, leveraging technology and science, are aiming to upend all traditional notions of healthcare, promising to make...
I apologise for the short notice. Saw it just now. Quote: New regulatory efficiency requirements, fluctuating costs of permanent magnets, and the ever present goal of higher performance from a...
All of you who've been waiting for the stickers, here's what you wanted to see! (Click on the thumbnails to open bigger images) These will be dispatched to those who've...
NASA has given a 'go ahead' to the Observing Carbon Observatory 2 (OCO-2) satellite launch. It is now scheduled to launch tomorrow at 5:56 A.M. EDT (3:26 P.M. IST) atop...
A team of engineers at University of Cambridge have managed to break the world record for the trapped magnetic field in a superconductor. The previous record was created over a...