Know your VoiCEan- Smriti Jha :)

Hola CEans 😀 I'm here to present KYVoiCEan of one of the technocrats from our VoiCE group.She is a crazy computer science student who enjoys watching movies,TV series,reading,travelling,playing games. She is a big fan of Alan Moore's watchmen and the controversial character of Adrian Veidt. She says that a large chunk of her engineering has gone living those characters in her life. Music plays a major role in her life.She has been entitled as 'Intimidating' by her friends. Sounds interesting? Yes,she is Smriti Jha,a final year Computer Science student from Cummins college of engineering.Glad to present her words here.

1.Hi Smriti, you are a Crazy Computer science Engineer and a Voice Author. Tell us more about yourself.
Well, I’m a computer science student, currently in my last semester. I spend a loyal amount of time catching up with TV series’. With a speck of humor and lots of thoughts, I troll the internet day and night.

2.How did you discover CE?
I was searching for some material regarding my fourth year project when I discovered the forum. Co-incidentally, the VoiCE author job was open at the same time. Destiny, maybe.

3.How do you see your future after Engineering? Are you planning to work or opt for higher studies craving for more knowledge?
Higher studies. I have no faith in my graduate degree.

4.What do you consider as the biggest achievement in your life?
I have small achievements. Nothing great. If I had to pick one that would be scoring cent per cent on the Maths 10th board paper. Made my dad a proud man.

5.Imagine you were given a chance to work with one of the top successful entrepreneurs. Whom would you prefer and why?
Entrepreneur? Twitter’s founder, Jack Dorsey because he nailed the social media network with a simple idea. Ah, clever.

6.A famous saying "Don’t dream for success if you want it, just do what you love, it will come naturally”.What is your opinion about this?
It does hold. Though, I am a very ambitious person as it is. So, I tend to day-dream sometimes.

7.Seems Music plays a substantial role in your life. Who are your favorite bands?
Rammstein, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Kreator, Agalloch, Novembre, Anathema, Led Zeppelin.

8."To accomplish great things, we must dream as well as act". What is your dream?
I have never been able to confine myself to one single goal, so I gave that idea up and decided to be a Video Game Creator. Like a detective, you get to span a number of fields and love your job.

9.How is the journey being as a Voice author in this great platform? Share your experience with us.
Intriguing. Finally getting the hang of writing and doing a better job at researching. It’s always a pleasure to be precise.

10.Who are your favourite Voice authors in CE. Let us know why?
Biggie because his articles are well-explained.
Ambarish because his articles are fun.
And Ankita, because she is amazingly dedicated. Shows.

11.What changes you found in yourself before and after joining CE?
I manage my time better.

Replies

• Reya
    Reya
    Quickies:

1.How many CEans do you know excluding voice authors?
    I have noticed a few. Especially during CE Grand Quiz. But, I wouldn’t say I know them. I am rather introverted.

2.Your biggest blooper till date is?
    Once, during my 12th grade, I prepared the excluded syllabus for the computer science exam and realized it only 10 minutes before the test was to begin. Didn’t realize on my own, of course. A friend enlightened me and then watched me with horror as I revealed the goof. Absent-minded me but I passed. Look at my success kid meme.

3.A moment you can never forget
    India’s Second World Cup Victory. The whole journey was a personal high, for various reasons.

4.If you are granted 3 wishes, what would you ask for?
    An underground chamber full of books and my personal inventory.
    An amusement park in my backyard.
    An arch-enemy.

5.What makes you stand out from others in this competitive world?
    I can think on my feet. Problem solver of all kinds.

6.If you were asked to choose a career option other than engineering what it would be?
    I’d make cartoons.

7.Who are your idols or inspirations?
    Fictional or Non-Fictional brainy characters who fall in the moral gray are. I can take names but most people wouldn’t know, so here, a pattern.

8.What do you like most about yourself?
    Observancy.

9.Describe yourself in one sentence?
    Beware of the underdog.

10.What do you like the most about CE?
    The new layout looks neat, proper division of sub-forums and wait, a puzzle corner? Yay!

Wishing you a great success in all your endeavours Smriti Jha 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Higher studies. I have no faith in my graduate degree.
    Interesting. Why waste next 2 years?
  • Smriti Jha
    Smriti Jha
    WASTE?! :-O
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Smriti Jha
    WASTE?! :-O
    Yep. Why go for higher studies when you don't have faith in your graduate degree? 😨
  • Smriti Jha
    Smriti Jha
    Didn't say have no faith in myself. The graduate degree wouldn't fetch me the job I want. Hence.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    An underground chamber full of books and my personal inventory.
    An amusement park in my backyard.
    An arch-enemy.
    👍 +1

I have never been able to confine myself to one single goal, so I gave that idea up and decided to be a Video Game Creator. Like a detective, you get to span a number of fields and love your job.
    Programming or Animation - which one? And have you tried your hand at any of them?
  • Smriti Jha
    Smriti Jha
    #-Link-Snipped-# Programming, mostly. Along with the concepts of OpenGL. The last time I made a game was in C++. Trying to repeat it with Java now.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Nice to read about you #-Link-Snipped-#
    Good job #-Link-Snipped-# 👍
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    nice read , precise ! #-Link-Snipped-# and @ Reya
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Nice and Interesting read, All the best, Smriti Jha 😀
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Good job 👍
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Superb interview indeed!
    #-Link-Snipped-# , great replies to the quickies! 👍
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Very nice interview and reading your interview gave an idea how the language of an author should be!

very well written 😀

PS. I am bad worst at english.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Great answers #-Link-Snipped-#, nice job #-Link-Snipped-#...
  • fisfiseani
    fisfiseani
    excelent written.............All d best SMRITI 4 ur bright future!!!!
  • Shailaja Tiwari
    Shailaja Tiwari
    Wow Nice interview !Really loved reading this post .
    Good job #-Link-Snipped-#(for nice set of questions) and #-Link-Snipped-# very nice answers .
    😀.
    Good luck to both of you .
  • Shailaja Tiwari
    Shailaja Tiwari
    English-Scared
    PS. I am bad worst at english.
    Well Sir, I've read several posts by you and noticed that your english is not that bad as you say so.In fact, you have a very good command on this language .
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Nice Interview #-Link-Snipped-# 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi redefiners, i need the recent cost of following equipments vicat apparatus IS:4031 concrete mixer pan type balances 1kg,5 kg and 15 kg Thickness and length gauge as per IS...
CAN ANYBODY SUGGEST ME THE WEBSITES FOR FREE DOWN LOADING THE MECHANICAL DESIGN BOOK.
People Looks like NASA contest for create the future contest is on... below is the email content : Dear Vijaya: We are now accepting entries for the 2012 "Create the...
hello I am arun gupta from B.Tech 2012 batch, my branch is (C.S) Any vacancies for b.tech 2012 batch in NCR . plzzzz help me !!!!
Name: Donagh Engineering Trade: Electrical and Electronic Location: Ierland Occupation: Reserch staff Work Experience: Board Gaís Networks C&I Hobbies & Interests: Smoking & Drinking Aim in life: To make the...