Kinect Is World's Fastest Selling Electronic Gadget Ever!

Guinness Records community.guinnessworldrecords.com that Microsoft Kinect is world's fastest selling consumer electronic gadget ever. I'm sure even Microsoft didn't expect this and anyone would have assumed it would be an Apple product like iPhone, iPod or iPad. Looks like Microsoft beat Apple at least in creating a product that people really love. Ever since its launch, Microsoft Kinect sold about 1,33,333 units every day, totaling about 10 million Kinects sold so far. Microsoft also revealed that so far over 10 million Kinect games have been sold worldwide.

[​IMG]

Microsoft engineers work hard to bring a new dimension to gaming - a controller free hardware add-on for Microsoft XBOX gaming console. Gaz Deaves, Editor of Guinness World Records 2011 Gamer’s Edition, said: “The sales figures here speak for themselves.  We can confirm that no other consumer electronics device sold faster within a 60-day time span, an incredible achievement considering the strength of the sector.” - community.guinnessworldrecords.com.

Kinect opens up new opportunities in the world of communication with gadgets. The highly modded versions of Kinect are already being demoed all over the Internet which confirm the potential of this technology in every field that relies on human input. With this news, it's easier for us to rule out the possibilities of Microsoft unveiling next version of XBOX gaming console. Microsoft is indeed hiring for hardware, audio and video engineers and rumors spread on the Internet that MS might be preparing their next gaming device. However, I'd not expect a new device from them until 2013.

It's a surprise that it's not the iPhone but the Kinnect that holds the record of fastest selling electronic gadget ever. However, in a war between gaming and communication - gaming had to win and it did.

Is Sony listening?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Today I was just browsing through the net and what I found really made me say “yikes!”.  The manufacturers have correctly named this ultimate bike as yikes, because that is...
Yeah you read it right! The biggest social networking website Facebook, which has over 500 million users, has added a feature that might help in rescuing someone from attempting suicide!...
Glaucoma is the forerunner in diseases causing total blindness around the world. Glaucoma is caused due to damaged optic nerve which in turn is affected by the increase in eye...
We have already heard of the robots getting human like in physical appearance and form. To outdo that, here comes a technique which will make the robots sense the touch...
Today at around 2.45 pm there was a massive earthquake that literally rocked the world’s earthquake capital Japan. The magnitude of the earthquake was measured as 8.9 which is really...