Kindle Paperwhite priced at Rs. 10,999 in India. Available from February 4, 2014.

Amazon's bringing the Kindle Paperwhite (WiFi) with a price tag of Rs. 10,999 (inclusive of all taxes & delivery charges) to Indian stores and #-Link-Snipped-# has began accepting the preorders for the device. The gadget will be officially released on Feb 4, 2014 and you can expect it to reach your homes by February 5th. Gizmos Unilimited is handling the sales of Kindle Paperwhite in India through Amazon.in. Note that if you need the 3G+WiFi version of the device, the price is slightly higher at Rs. 13,999.

Kindle

The Kindle Paperwhite is Amazon's newest device in the Kindle family formally announced on September 3, 2013. Let's have a quick look at the most important technical specifications of the Kindle Paperwhite:
  • Display: 6" paperwhite display with Carta e-paper; operating at 212 ppi & 16-level grey scale.
  • Size: 206 grams - should feel great in hand and won't stress your arms.
  • Storage: 2 GB of internal memory, out of which 1.25 GB available to the users. Should hold 1000+ ebooks.
  • Battery: Specs aren't available, but Amazon says a single charge should last for 8 weeks.
  • WiFi: Regular 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11n standard with support for WEP, WPA and WPA2 security.
  • Supported eBook file formats: Kindle Format 8 (AZW3), Text, PDF, unprotected Mobi, PRC natively, HTML, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP
In addition, the new display technology brings in a lot of added advantages to the reader. Amazon claims that even in the bright sunlight, the display won't have any glare. The display renders blacks and whites better than most of the previous generation Kindles. The Kindle Paperwhite also boasts of 25% faster processor. Amazon's promising free cloud storage so that you can store all your content in the cloud and access it on the go.

The biggest advantage is that Kindle offers access to over 2 million books available in the Kindle store on Amazon.in. Indian customers will be able to pay in Indian Rupees or USD.

If you are bookworm, we'd highly recommend Amazon Kindle Paperwhite to you.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just found a new device on Amazon that's labeled "Auto Car Fresh Air Ionic Purifier". This 12V device fits into your car's charging port and removes poisonous gases, cigarette smoke...
US scientists on Wednesday revealed that they've developed the world's first jellyfish aircraft, which captures the exact motion of a jellyfish in water. This tiny machine is the first ever...
Name: PVSS PRASAD *Engineering Trade:MECHANICAL Location:VISAKHAPATNAM *Occupation: STUDENT Work Experience: NO *Hobbies & Interests: READING BOOKS,PLAYING CRICKET *Aim in life: TO BECOME A MECHANICAL ENGINEER
It was a high time that we took a relook at the way CrazyEngineers Community is organised. We've merged- General Help Section In-Focus (News Discussion) Chit-Chat Section all in one...
I have some basic knowledge of programming and software development concepts. I completed my B. tech in 2013 and still I don’t have a job. A friend has suggested me...