KeyMe Takes Digital Backup Of Your Physical Key, So You Never Get Locked Out

Losing your keys is always a frustrating experience; you have to find a locksmith to get a duplicate key made but if that doesn’t work you have to pry out the lock. So to make sure that the next time you lose your key, it does not become another irritating and time consuming chapter of your life, KeyMe gives you the option of taking a digital backup of your physical keys so that they can be recreated in the future. To take backup of your keys at any KeyMe kiosk you are first asked to create a KeyMe account with the help of your fingerprint and credit card and then it scans your key and stores the pattern in encrypted form in the cloud.

Key Me Kiosk

According to #-Link-Snipped-#, only door key patterns can be stored in this service as car keys are often accompanied with microchips to prevent counterfeiting. When the user wishes a duplicate key to be made he identifies himself with his fingerprint at the kiosk and after making the payment the key is made within 30 seconds. If the user requires, he can customise the key with add-ons like decorative keys, bottle opener and combination keys. Keeping user information secure is the company’s top priority, so the company avoids storing any information such as addresses and before printing out any key it sends a conformation mail to the user. KeyMe kiosks will be installed soon at select 7-Eleven stores in New York.

Do you think it is a wise idea to store your keys in the cloud and would you like this service to start in India? Let us know.

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Cloud key storing is a must for ppl like who loose their keys every time

But Storing it in a protected server is going to be a challenge especially in our country cos I want only me to have my keys not some one in America or any other country

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

With the American Independence Day a few days away, folks over at Adafruit have tried to make a tribute to the country with a MIDI controlled flame organ. While we...
We all know that the sound travels faster through solids and then liquids and then through gases. As far as i know solids are the medium through which the sound...
I know that actually sound needs a medium to travel.So , it does not travel though vacuum. My doubt is there are many astronauts in space.Space is a vacuum.So sound...
Hey all. Please try and attempt the following SQL queries Suppose you have a binary tree structure represented as in attachment 1.jpg Suppose the details of the figure in attachment...
Are these two similar in any nature? I heard they are not But they are having almost similar coding blocks I know that Embedded C is used predeterministically for Configuring...