kernel in OS

As the kernel definition tells about kernel is "the kernel is a computer program that manages I/O (input/output) requests from software, and translates them into data processing instructions for the central processing unit and other electronic components of a computer".
I think have read on XDA that if there is wrong programing of kernel then i will hard brick the android phone.Will it be the same case with the computer?

Replies

• pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    Jatin Asija
    hard brick
    what does it mean by the way?
  • Jatin Kumar
    Jatin Kumar
    your phone will be
    proffy
    what does it mean by the way?
    Hard brick is the state of android device that occurs when your device won’t boot at all i.e. no boot loop, etc. This occurs due to trying to install ROM not made for your device or using ROM Manager incorrectly. This is more difficult to resolve and often require professional help.

During hard brick, the device’s kernel gets messed up, mainly due to incorrect ROM or kernel installation. (Kernel being the base which interact with the hardware). You can recover from hard brick by using JTAG or send your phone to JTAG service center to get it repaired.
  • pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    Jatin Asija
    your phone will be

Hard brick is the state of android device that occurs when your device won’t boot at all i.e. no boot loop, etc. This occurs due to trying to install ROM not made for your device or using ROM Manager incorrectly. This is more difficult to resolve and often require professional help.

During hard brick, the device’s kernel gets messed up, mainly due to incorrect ROM or kernel installation. (Kernel being the base which interact with the hardware). You can recover from hard brick by using JTAG or send your phone to JTAG service center to get it repaired.
    thanks for your effort and this piece valuable piece of information...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In computers ,A single operating system works on most of the computers,Why can't we have this thing with android phones ? Will the same operating system work,if two android phones...
We've had enough of Samsung Gear S2 Smartwatch leaks that the official announcement doesn't tell us anything new. The south Korean electronics giant has unveiled the next generation smartwear, called...
Volkswagen India has unveiled its new variant of the popular hatchback with Volkswagen Polo GT with added features, now ready to roll out on the streets. Coming in two variants...
Hey Guys, I want to be professional content writer and i do write blogs and articles. My uniqueness of content is near about 90%-100% and no grammar mistakes, then why...
I have completed my b tech in mechanical engineering and learning german language.Is it necessary that i should have done any automobile course or diploma that hepls me to improve...