Kaspersky Malware Scan For Facebook Keeps Your Computer and Social Network Safe

Protecting the world's largest online social network from malware is the top priority of the security engineers at Facebook. The job involves removing all the malicious links; the ones that point to bad websites and ensuring that the malware itself does not spread through Facebook. Facebook' Trevor Pottinger, from the Threat Infrastructure team has announced that they are releasing a new tool in association with Kaspersky Labs to keep user's computer and the social network safe from all the malicious programs.

Kaspersky Labs is a Russian software security company that develops anti-malware programs. Facebook and Kaspersky Labs have been working on making sure that the malware does not enter the social network in any form. One of the best ways to do this is to inform the user that their computer is infected with malware so that the user can take active steps to remove it.

Facebook-Malware-Scan-Tool

Facebook has announced a new 'Malware Scan' tool for Facebook powered by Kaspersky's expertise. The tool will scan the user's computer for potential threats and offer cleanup mechanisms. Users will have to download the tool on their computers and run the scan to check if their computer has been infected.

Facebook says that in the past three months, the tool has helped protect over 260,000 computers across the world that were used to access Facebook. Facebook has also been working with other leading anti-malware corporations like ESET, Trend Micro and F-Secure. These companies offer malware cleanup software which the user can download and run on their machine. Facebook claimed that the various cleanup tools that it offers has helped protect over 2 million people from various security threats.

Check out the official announcement via source link below. Also take a look at various tools offered by Facebook to help keep your computer clean.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Curious to know if facebook users from India have received any notification to download the new security tool? I'm curious to know if it's available only to Windows users or works on OSX and mobile platforms like Android and iOS too.

Also wish to know how effective is this tool in reporting the malware. Does it ask users to pay for the cleanup?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am not good in coding. but I want to do android programming. how I will be able to do that?
Quote: Alankar Jain recently graduated with a Dual Degree from the Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Bombay. He’s been involved in various activities during his time in the institute, and...
Hai, I am new here. Currently i am working in windows networking side and having 2 years of experience. I have completed engineering in computer science. Last one or two...
Every once in a while, there's a smartphone that hopes to become the best in class by offering specs that are a notch higher in value for a certain segment...
IEEE Continuing Education Course Quote: This course, featuring lecturer Don Wilcher, will provide an overview of the Raspberry Pi, the Python programming language, and prototyping and development tools used to...