Jolla Partners With India's Intex To Bring Sailfish OS Products By 2015 End

Jolla, the Finland-based mobile company has announced alliance with one of India's smartphone vendor Intex Technologies as its first Sailfish OS licensing partner. The company has also declared the formation of Sailfish India, a regional mobile ecosystem for India together with Times Internet and Snapdeal. While the folks at Jolla are busy at the MWC Shanghai 2015 event, they announced in a blogpost the soon-to-arrive update to its operating system called the Sailfish OS 2.0. Moreover, proceeding with its BRICS strategy (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa), the company management has spearheaded the introduction of its products in India as it is one of the hottest markets when it comes to the future of mobile. They believe that with an open platform like Sailfish India, a regional mobile ecosystem that supports local Indian services and businesses is sure to find mass acceptance. As for Intex Technologies, they are excited to have become the world’s first licensing partner for Sailfish OS.

Jolla-SailfishOS-2-Intex

Sailfish OS 2.0 will be the 17th Jolla Sailfish OS 2.0 Salient Features - Support For Android Apps & Intel Architecture from Jolla. The update offers a completely new User Interface that's fast and easy to use and brings seamless multitasking at the core of the design. It also features improved Android application compatibility and browser experience, smoother transitions across the OS and overall improved performance. Jolla has also released a new video to share all that it is thinking about the Sailfish OS 2.0. Check it out here:

What do you think about the Jolla and Intex partnership and the expectations from Sailfish OS 2.0? Share with us in comments below.

Replies

• Divyaprakash KC
    Divyaprakash KC
    Sigh..
    First releasing their phone in India through a relatively less popular ecom site. Then the July is here, time for a Jolla Tablet update | Jolla Blogt. I hope Jolla people will realize that they are dealing with a populace blessed with very short term memory when it comes to technology products, and very unforgiving too. Otherwise I am thrilled to see high quality alternative mobile products are coming up.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to develop a pdf reader,which shows the meaning of a particular word when we tap on it while reading it.It should have a dictionary database.It should also store...
As it turns out a lot of students have a lot of queries about the CDAC Bank Loan Letter. From the information that I have gathered, loan can be taken...
Xiaomi, one of the biggest gadget brand of the world, along with Li-Ning the Chinese athletic shoes and sporting goods maker have together announced the launch of Smart Shoes that...
OnePlus 2 launch is nearing and the company is busy creating a buzz around their new flagship killer with teasers for the new features, hardware and software. I'm however wondering...
A friend asked me to start a discussion about this topic. Anyone here knows which are the top MCA colleges in India where the placement rate is high? I have...