Joining In March Next Year - What To Do?

Hey Kaustubh,
I am a 2016 passed out from CSE. Sorry, but my question is a bit unrelated to the topic under discussion. I got a job through campus placements at an MNC called Persistent Systems Ltd. As of now, i am hired as a java developer, but my date of joining is in March next year. Now this has caused a lot of frustation and am really bored at home doing nothing. So my question is, should i apply for a testing job(my actual interest) at a startup or should i wait for the joining date??
Because I've heard its the same thing joining a small company or a big one if you are a fresher.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Applying to and actually joining a startup company in the testing domain ain't going to hurt anyway. If you like your job with the startup, you might just work with them and later join Persistent. It's way better than just waiting for the joining date. Learn just as much as you can and it's going to look good on resume.

It's not about joining a small company or large. If you do not like your job, you will always have the option of quitting it and joining the larger company. I don't think you've a 'choice' here. It's pretty straightforward. Go for it.
  • Abhay Singh
    Abhay Singh
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Applying to and actually joining a startup company in the testing domain ain't going to hurt anyway. If you like your job with the startup, you might just work with them and later join Persistent. It's way better than just waiting for the joining date. Learn just as much as you can and it's going to look good on resume.

It's not about joining a small company or large. If you do not like your job, you will always have the option of quitting it and joining the larger company. I don't think you've a 'choice' here. It's pretty straightforward. Go for it.
    Thank you so so so much Kaustubh.
    You're really saving lives here, Keep up the GoodWork!!👍
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thank you. I'd recommend signing up on #-Link-Snipped-# - our latest venture. It's got an app where all the career related questions can be asked privately. 😀
  • Abhay Singh
    Abhay Singh
    Hey Kaustubh,
    My friend from the same batch as mine also has got a job at persistent systems and TCS too.He is mostly keen on joining TCS where his date of joining is between january to march next year. However, his date of joining at persistent is 23 Nov 2016.i.e. this month itself. Also he had applied for a startup company where his joining is in the next week. He is totally confused whether to join persistent or not because we've heard once you join an MNC it wont be easy to leave as compared to that from a startup.
    So,my question is where would you recommend him to join until TCS's date of joining and why??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Abhay1722
    because we've heard once you join an MNC it wont be easy to leave as compared to that from a startup.
    It's going to be a personal decision. If 'brand' matters to your friend, ask him to stick with Persistent or TCS. If your friend decides on quitting the company later; he will do it anyway.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you google the most notable engineers of all time, the top names you will come across would typically include - Leonardo Da Vinci, Henry Ford, George Stephenson, Gustave Eiffel...
The future of communication is a route via the contemporary drones or air vehicles – that’s how a team of researchers from the Aalto University and the Tampere University of...
hello Folks, I need some advice from you. I am#NetworkSubjectLover, currently working under infrastructure department in Mphasis Limited Pune.. My basic Job Profile is Monitoring and Basic troubleshooting along with...
Just in case you've been following US Presidential Elections 2016, who do you think will go to the oval office this year? Both the candidates have been putting up a...
Hi guys, Can any one tell me how the battery sizing is calculated. Suppose i have to give 20KW backup for 10 min. then how many battery's should be required?