Job Or M.Tech? Help Me Decide!

what would be better for me doing job in tcs or m tech from coep?

Replies

• sheldor
    sheldor
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Moved your question from GATE section to Jobs & Careers section.

Your decision should be influenced by your long term goals and/or your interests. If having a nice job and a good pay-package is your goal, then you should join TCS and work hard. But if you want to study and acquire more knowledge; you might want to opt for M.tech. But it would help researching the prospects for the M.Techs from COEP in terms of job.
  • sheldor
    sheldor
    The_Big_K
    Moved your question from GATE section to Jobs & Careers section.

Your decision should be influenced by your long term goals and/or your interests. If having a nice job and a good pay-package is your goal, then you should join TCS and work hard. But if you want to study and acquire more knowledge; you might want to opt for M.tech. But it would help researching the prospects for the M.Techs from COEP in terms of job.
    Thanx.but the problem is that i am placed in TCS & my friends told me that if u want to do m tech then do it only from iit or nit and according to my gate score i will not get iit or nit.There is chance that i will get coep. so it worth doing m tech from "coep"
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If I were you, I'd take a job with TCS and keep preparing for GATE. It'd surely take lot of efforts and it's not going to be easy; but it'd help me have a job, make money and also give me an option to try for IITs or NITs. If things don't work out, I'd still have a job.

I'm not aware of the opportunities M.Tech students of COEP get. Looks like a risky bet to me.
  • avii
    avii
    From what I heard others is, once we do job & start earning it will be very difficult to get back to studies again. However if you have strong determination & motivation, then no need to worry. Just join TCS & prepare for GATE 😉

Do note that GATE exam tests your basics & fundamentals, if you are sure they are good & then you can prepare for GATE along with job & easily crack it 😀

All the best !
  • avii
    avii
    Placement statistics of COEP : #-Link-Snipped-#
  • RasikaKulk
    RasikaKulk
    Hi,
    I heard that in NIT there is no good placement results for MTech CSE. Is it true?

Hi,
    I heard that in NIT there is no good placement results for MTech CSE. Is it true?

Kaustubh Katdare
    If I were you, I'd take a job with TCS and keep preparing for GATE. It'd surely take lot of efforts and it's not going to be easy; but it'd help me have a job, make money and also give me an option to try for IITs or NITs. If things don't work out, I'd still have a job.

I'm not aware of the opportunities M.Tech students of COEP get. Looks like a risky bet to me.
    Hi,
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - I've merged your posts. Please make only one post and wait for a response 😀

Your question isn't clear. Which NIT are you talking about? It's difficult to generalise. The market conditions aren't good at this time but the situation is likely to change in coming months.
  • RasikaKulk
    RasikaKulk
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - I've merged your posts. Please make only one post and wait for a response 😀

Your question isn't clear. Which NIT are you talking about? It's difficult to generalise. The market conditions aren't good at this time but the situation is likely to change in coming months.
    In general, I heard that most of the companies hire B.E students than MTech.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    RasikaKulk
    In general, I heard that most of the companies hire B.E students than MTech.
    M.Techs are lesser in number than BEs and BTechs. Also, most of the Indian IT is 'services based' which require candidates to know basic programming, testing et al. It makes little sense for companies to hire M.Techs in place of B.Techs or BEs.

That said, it all depends upon what kind of knowledge does the job require. It'd not be fair to compare B.Tech hiring with M.Tech hiring.
  • Satyam Singh
    Satyam Singh

Did you just say TCS has a nice  package? Hahahahahaa.. Congrats you just left rahul gandhi behind!! Also to mention working hard in a service based company is like a donkey working hard to take more load on it's back.. Alas! It's still a donkey. If you want to earn 22k salary all your life and die filling excel sheets, you are welcome here. (you also get free coffee and ac). By any miracle if you happen to have a passion for what you do always go for higher studies (as long as you can afford it) and get into product based/research/psu whatever interests you. 

Truly yours, 

A frustrated engineer (working where you want to work, aspiring for what you aspire) 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Ever heard of a phone that can sense your mood and emotion? Ever imagined that a phone could gauge the emotions of you with your friends and relatives and form...
I have used apache nutch-1.4 and crawled a website. Now i want to fetch meta tags from every html page. Is this possible ? I have just started using nutch...
im a student of electrical engineering. i want to do internship in manufacturing companies of eee. so i need information about that.
We all have those days where we hear something and we say to ourselves 'You know,I've heard that somewhere before' but you just can't remember what it is. I created...
Hi CEan's, Anybody using this website ? I did a little search regarding it and got a positive reviews. I just wanted to checkout it with you guy's. If anybody...