JNU - The point of view from half way around the world

Amidst all the local hullabaloo on this in the media and houses of Parliament, here is an article from Wash U of St.Louis, USA:
Wash. U. Stands with JNU - Student Life

(Sent by my son)

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    All I can say is there are dumbass students everywhere.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    I wonder how a politically biased article made it to the newspaper of a university! This should have definitely raised red flags as soon as this article arrived at the editor's desk. Wonder if freedom of expression overshadows the basics of journalism.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - The JNU and I guess all other colleges and Universities around Delhi are launchpad for new politicians. The media itself is heavily biased and have their own agenda.

Most of these issues, I guess are meant for diverting nation's attention from the positive news out there. Call me extremist but I support taking into custody everyone in JNU who allowed such protests and slogans in the University campus. Fcuk freedom of speech; if it's about breaking my nation.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Cant help but agree there. What is the point of getting an education if by the end of it you are still stupid as F.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've been following the JNU episode and it looks like it's all media created hype around Kanhaiya Kumar. I wonder why's he become so important for media that they're questioning him and after him. Just ignore the kid and focus on what you ought to be doing - news reporting.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    I guess the only option left for the Opposition is to be disruptive, when the ruling party has a clean majority. Same goes for media houses- when there is a coalition government at the centre, there is always some action to report. When there is no such action, they just float irrelevant and unimportant topics. This has gotten to a point where it becomes unbearable to watch the news anymore. I imagine what it would be like to have a news channel air the good things that are happening in our country.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Shashank Moghe
    when the ruling party has a clean majority
    Even if that's true, the upper house numbers don't add up for them. Until that happens, I'm not sure if we can expect 'major' reforms.

I don't watch the news anymore. Twitter and almost every other social media is now being manipulated by paid trolls and I'd rather stop feeding myself with all the negativity.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: Engineering World Health’s Biomedical Instrumentation Kits are educational tools only and are not to be used for any other purpose, including any medical, diagnostic or other laboratory applications. Endquote...
Quote: This week’s video comes from the US where the latest version of Boston Dynamics’ Atlas robot is experiencing some very shoddy behaviour from its handlers. Endquote
At the ongoing Mobile World Congress we saw the unveiling of 2-in-1 Windows 10 devices such as the Huawei Matebook and Alcatel PLUS 10. While those devices were on the...
I am asked to take a 2 hour class about GTO thyristor -controlled series capacitors, i hav rummaged thru all books, websites and wat not ! But i want to...
We have all seen rogue waves in movies and TV shows, they are large and spontaneous surface waves that occur far out in open water and can be extremely dangerous...