JLPT Past Years Question Papers Download

Hello All

All those who are preparing for Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) can download the past years' Question Papers from here:

#-Link-Snipped-#

You can download the all the old pattern JLPT Question Papers from 1991 to 2009 (till date) for all levels i.e. Level 1,2,3 and 4 with their answers in PDF Format.

I hope you find that link useful.

Gambatte Kudasai (All the Best!)

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    There is one more way of accessing the Question Papers. Use the following link:

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replace the year and level number with the year and level you want. 😀

Solving the previous year papers is very helpful in getting a good score in JLPT and testing our knowledge of the Japanese Language.

👍
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

Looks like these links are are all working. Will find out new resources whenever possible and update this.

• joshua1980
    joshua1980
    Hi could you please share any other links, where i could find the old JLPT question papers
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Hi Joshua,
    Sadly most sites that hosted the JLPT old question papers have either stopped operating or taken down the links.
    After the arrival of new test pattern in 2011 i.e. Level 4, 3, 2, 1 to >> N1, N2, N3, N4 and N5, the question format changed too and some of them thought that the old 1991-2005 question paper sets were not relevant anymore.

I am in touch with a few folks who might be in possession of the question papers. I will upload them once I get my hand on it.
    Could you share what JLPT level you are appearing for? So that I can find the relevant papers.
  • joshua1980
    joshua1980
    Hi i have cleared JLPT level 3. However it was very long time ago . so i want to redo N4 ..
  • joshua1980
    joshua1980
    I want to refresh all my kanji and reading skills . However i am ok with listening .
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Alright. I'll upload the papers as soon as I get them. For the time being, you can check the JLPT papers uploaded and the Chinese Website here:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    I believe they will be good practice. I couldn't find a way to download them and re-upload them here for safe-keeping. But if you do, please upload the papers here for other people's convenience.

All the best with you studies. I am gearing up for Level N2 this year. 😀
  • joshua1980
    joshua1980
    Thanks for the links , if i am able to find the way to download . surely i will upload the same .
    All the best for your exams .
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Did you find any more JLPT N1,N2,N3,N4,N5 papers for practice? Please do upload some here.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Here are some of the new JLPT question papers for download:
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Japanese Language Proficiency Test practice papers.

Download all JLPT previous year question papers here:
    JLPT Level 2 papers (1997 - 2007)

JLPT 1997 Level 2 Paper
    JLPT 1998 Level 2 Paper
    JLPT 1999 Level 2 Paper
    JLPT 2000 Level 2 Paper
    JLPT 2001 Level 2 Paper
    JLPT 2002 Level 2 Paper
    JLPT 2003 Level 2 Paper
    JLPT 2004 Level 2 Paper
    JLPT 2005 Level 2 Paper
    JLPT 2006 Level 2 Paper
    JLPT 2007 Level 2 Paper
  • akash mange
    akash mange
    its awesome..
    so useful but now how to listening of these papers...?
    will you plz upload the choukai
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Sadly I couldn't find them. If I do, I will make sure to upload them.

Moji-Goi to Bumpou de Gambatte Kudasai.
  • yarukiganai
    yarukiganai
    Hello, do you have the new format JLPT N3 past year papers?
    Tasukete kure T___T
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    akash mange
    its awesome..
    so useful but now how to listening of these papers...?
    will you plz upload the choukai
    For JLPT N3 and N2 Choukai, I recommend this YouTube channel:

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    yarukiganai
    Hello, do you have the new format JLPT N3 past year papers?
    Tasukete kure T___T
    Gomen! I don't have them. If I find, I will definitely upload here. 👍
  • ReshmaJayanthi
    ReshmaJayanthi
    Hello, Can you upload past question papers of JLPT N5?
    Thanks
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-#

For JLPT N5 Listening practice, you can refer to these videos:

Answers here:

As far as the JLPT N5 past papers are concerned, I think they aren't yet made available in the last few years. What you can do instead is go for the Level 4 (previous format) papers and try solving them.

Good for JLPT N5 vocabulary and grammar. I don't have them, but I have some practice questions. I'll upload those PDFs.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Here is one JLPT N5 paper:
    It does not have the Choukai part.
  • ReshmaJayanthi
    ReshmaJayanthi
    Thank you so much Ankita Katdare for your quick reply.
    We are not able find level 4 question papers. So it would be helpful if you can provide any link for that(mainly i am looking for grammar section).
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Found an old Level 2 Paper in my folders. It's the JLPT Level 2 2005 question paper.
    I think some questions are missing, but it should be good practice.
  • ReshmaJayanthi
    ReshmaJayanthi
    Hello Ankita. We like to have N5 papers. But they are N2 papers. Thank you for replying.
  • Kevin Grandhika
    Kevin Grandhika
    hai....
    I am new in this neighborhood.
    I was trying to access the link on your early post, but it can't bring me to the JLPT access as you said.
    Would you mind to check the link for me? or, are there any "special move" to access the link?

Thank you. would be very glad to hear from you soon.
    Regards,
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Hey Kevin, the link in the first post isnt working any more. It was working in 2010 and a couple of years later taken down as the old pattern ceased to exist.
  • Nawwar
    Nawwar
    hi, am studying for JLPT N2 these days its after couple of days actually , but you provided the old tests for 2kyou isnt it very different from N2 i studyies for a while from 2kyou reading problem and it was really different even the level is different i think.
  • Rakshith Shetty
    Rakshith Shetty
    Hi, Can you please upload the latest JLPT N2 papers. It would be a great help
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# This discussion was started when the pattern hadnt changed. So, we had only the papers of Old Level 1, 2, 3 and 4. After JLPT got shifted to new pattern - N1, N2, N3, N4, N5.

Here's one I recently found. You will have to zoom a lot to view its contents.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# If you just need good practice, you can also refer to these books:
  • Rakshith Shetty
    Rakshith Shetty
    Thank you so much #-Link-Snipped-# . It is a big help
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Lots of listening practice for JLPT N2 Students here:
    YouTube Channel By: #-Link-Snipped-#
    What his channel has:
    • JLPT Mondaishu N2
    • JLPT Fukushuu Choukai N2
    • JLPT N2 Mogi Shiken
    • JLPT N2 Choukai Renshuu
    • JLPT N2 UCANN Modi Shiken
    • JLPT N2 Gokaku
    • JLPT N2 Kanji paper with answers
    • JLPT Ananta No Jakuten N2
    Hey Guys, I thought some of you may find these apps useful: (They are for JLPT)

#-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    I am sure there are others out there. Would love to hear about them. btw these are NOT mine. 😀
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Thanks. Looks like they are all Android apps for JLPT.
    Here is a list of the best iOS apps for JLPT Study on the go.

1. KanjiBox
    For all levels JLPT N1 to N5:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

2. StickyStudy: Japanese Kanji + Dictionary
    One of the most popular flashcard apps for iPhone and iPad users:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

3. Kanji Flip
    For all your kanji remembering needs:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

4. Advanced Japanese Phrases, Idioms, and Newspaper Terms
    Created by the JapanesePage, this one has great practice for JLPT Choukai:
    It has over 1,500 words and phrases all with sound recorded by a native Japanese speaker.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

5. Kanji Renshuu
    Has over 160,000 sample sentences.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Lydiya
    Lydiya
    could you please upload some listening practice for n4 or from the past question papers's listening parts?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Sure. Here you go -
    Listening practice for JLPT N4:

- YouTube
    Listening JLPT N4 - Gokaku Dekiru N4 CD 01 with Answer & Script - YouTube
    - YouTube
    - YouTube
  • joshua1980
    joshua1980
    Hi I am going to take up N3 exam in this july . do you have any past year N3 question papers
  • Lydiya
    Lydiya
    Thank you so much Ankita. 😀
  • Lydiya
    Lydiya
    #-Link-Snipped-#.. Thank you sooo muchhh ....😀
  • Neeraj Kochar
    Neeraj Kochar
    Hello mam, can u help me out?

I am a beginner in Japanese Language, I just want to do self study.

Please suggest me reference books for N5.. sample papers & other basic info so that I can start.
  • Neeraj Kochar
    Neeraj Kochar
    Hello mam.. I am a beginner in Japanese Language. .

I want to do self study.. please suggest me books n sample paper for N5.. & how to start
  • joshua1980
    joshua1980
    You can start by using Minna no nihongo soho 1 .
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Neeraj Kochar
    Hello mam, can u help me out?
    I am a beginner in Japanese Language, I just want to do self study.
    Please suggest me reference books for N5.. sample papers & other basic info so that I can start.
    I think that the best books you can refer to for JLPT N5 are:
    • 合格できる日本語能力試験N4・N5 (Gokaku Dekiru JLPT N4/5 w/2CDs)
    • にほんごチャレンジ N4・N5 (Nihongo Challenge Kanji N4 - N5)
    • 日本語能力試験 公式問題集 N5 (JLPT Koshiki Mondaishu N5 w/CD)
    • にほんご500問 (Nihongo 500-mon (N4-N5))
  • Mandar Darekar
    Mandar Darekar
    I am currently in 3rd yr B.Sc Comp Science. pls suggest me colleges in japan which provide a masters degree in Game design & programming. I have my JLPT exam this July. And i just need an over all guidance for this entire process since there are no counselling centers in Mumbai. my email id: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Aman chauhan
    Aman chauhan
    Can you please upload N3 past paper
  • gabo
    gabo
    I was reading this thread and I just wanted to warn the people taking N2. N2 is considerably harder than then old 2級 exam. You can use the previous exams to study but just be warned, the test is harder than those previous exams. Just a heads up! Having said that, the cut off mark is lower, I believe it is only 50%, it use to be 60 or 65.

If anyone finds exams after 2010, please let me know!
  • ayushi2402
    ayushi2402
    Ankita Katdare
    Japanese Language Proficiency Test practice papers.

Download all JLPT previous year question papers here:
    JLPT Level 2 papers (1997 - 2007)

JLPT 1997 Level 2 Paper
    JLPT 1998 Level 2 Paper
    JLPT 1999 Level 2 Paper
    JLPT 2000 Level 2 Paper
    JLPT 2001 Level 2 Paper
    JLPT 2002 Level 2 Paper
    JLPT 2003 Level 2 Paper
    JLPT 2004 Level 2 Paper
    JLPT 2005 Level 2 Paper
    JLPT 2006 Level 2 Paper
    JLPT 2007 Level 2 Paper
    hi,
    Can i get solpve paper also...
  • ayushi2402
    ayushi2402
    Hi,
    can someone help me to get the Answer sheet of JLPT L-2( from1991-2007)
  • Nikhil_Ingale007
    Nikhil_Ingale007
    I need JLPT N5 Past Papers, urgently. Please help..
  • Sushil Suryawanshi
    Sushil Suryawanshi

#-Link-Snipped-# can you mail me all the JLPT papers you have? Thank you. sushilsurya2@gmail.com

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

JLPT N5 Resource: 

#-Link-Snipped-#

JLPT N2 Resource:

#-Link-Snipped-#

I'll upload more as soon as I get my hands on it.

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

I finally got my hands on this gold resource - JLPT Old Question Papers (1991 to 1999) for JLPT Levels 1 to 4.

Check it in our downloads section:

#-Link-Snipped-#

• Lazar Ljubenović
    Lazar Ljubenović

Does really nobody have all (or at least most of the) exams? Aren't the tests released to public? I mean, everyone can take the test, which means that anyone could remember the questions and share them with others, why hide it?

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# No, the JLPT authorities don't release the test papers to the public. Not sure why they do that.

However, if you have taken the JLPT Exam N5 to N1, you will know that it's practically impossible to reproduce the questions once you come out of the examination hall.

But guess what, the material available online in the form of official JLPT books is enough if you can practice it well. The old question papers posted here:#-Link-Snipped-# are in fact quite on the difficult side, so if you practice these well, you can easily crack the much easier JLPT levels N5, N4, N3.

When I took the JLPT N2 exam, these old Level 1 to Level 4 papers of great help for the vocabulary and grammar questions.

Top books for preparing JLPT that I recommend are:

1. Shin Kanzen Master (N5 to N1)
    2. Nihongo Challenge (N5 to N1)
    3. Nihongo Sou Matome (N5 To N1)
    4. Mimi Kara Oboeru (N5 To N1)
    5. Goukaku Dekiru (N5 To N1)
    6. Tanki Master (N5 To N1)
    7. Mainichi no Kikitori (N5 To N1)
  • Armaan Shah
    Armaan Shah

Hey i  need Jlpt N4 question papers the above link are not workinf kindly help.

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Posting on behalf of #-Link-Snipped-# : 

Hey guys kindly share jlpt N4 question papers if anyone have.

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# JLPT authorities don't really share the question papers, so you need to practice using the above books. And also the old question papers that we have shared in Downloads section. I'll still look for any other resource I could find and upload it.

• Vishal Magar
    Vishal Magar

hi,Ankita mam

what qualification need to apply the JLPT exam?

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# Anyone can take the JLPT exam across the globe. You can be a school student, graduate or retired professional. It's open to all the students of Japanese language.

• Vishal Magar
    Vishal Magar

Hi Ankita,

Is this test online or offline?

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# JLPT test is conducted twice a year across the world once in July and once in December. The test is conducted offline at dedicated centers. For instance, in Maharashtra the test is conducted at Pune and Mumbai. You have to take a physical paper on the test date.

Here is the official JLPT site for your reference: JLPT Japanese-Language Proficiency Test

• Sushil Suryawanshi
    Sushil Suryawanshi

#-Link-Snipped-# Thanks for the  papers

• Chanchala Madushanka
    Chanchala Madushanka

Hi ankita.  . 

Pls do help me..  I want JLPT level 4  in old syllabus level 5 in new syllabus paper..  PDF file with listening.   From 2006 to 2009 . 

Thank you so much in advance. 

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# 

Japanese Listening - JLPT N4 2006 (with answers) in the video below. I recommend you download the video with any of YouTube downloaders because sometimes these videos are removed.

- YouTube

I will check if I can find 2006-2009 papers. Are you looking for JLPT Level 4 old pattern and JLPT N5 new pattern?

• mrunali game
    mrunali game

Hey Ankita is this link still working?? 

• mrunali game
    mrunali game

I need past papers for n2 

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

Right now we have these papers alone: #-Link-Snipped-#

• Anthony Vellarin
    Anthony Vellarin

The content of Level 4 (4級) questionnaire  are N5 and N4, am I right? Because I downloaded up-to Level 4 only. Thank you!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

You can download the mp3 files of the past year question papers from this link: Index of /datumcenter/jlpt/listenmp3 It contains the mp3 files of the Listening Tests i.e. Chyoukai Shiken...
If anyone's got TCS question papers, aptitude test questions bank, please share it with us. If you have the pdfs, send them to admin [at] crazyengineers [dot] com. We'll be...
CEans, December will be the month when the top companies in India will start recruiting candidates for the year 2011. With each other's help, we can help all CEans find...
If you are experience automatically power off problems with your Nokia, there's nothing to worry about. Nokia has confirmed the problem that it was because of the installation of faulty...
There's a trend among computer science, IT and computer technology engineering students to join various courses to make their resume appear attractive. I've heard that lot of students prefer Aptech,...