Jarvis Corp - An Indian Startup Developing Tony Stark's J.A.R.V.I.S System From Iron Man

Jarvis Corp is a startup from India founded by Chiragh Dewan from Delhi and Himanshu Vaishnav from Jaipur and they are developing Tony Stark's famous J.A.R.V.I.S. operating system used in Iron Man comics and movies. The duo are calling their product Jarvis, an AI-based life automation system. JARVIS which stand for Just A Rather Very Intelligent System is a highly advanced computer system developed by Tony Stark to manage almost everything, especially matters related to technology, in Tony's life. Replicating the sci-fi system in reality, Dewan and Vaishnav have developed an interactive system that allows the user's machine to learn based on voice recognition and natural language processing technology.

Jarvis can help users in performing routine tasks, provide home entertainment, access internet to handle user's questions, work as a smart media server and also control the appliances and electronic devices in your house. So basically, a do-it-all system. Unlike the conventional way in which OS is designed, Jarvis features a completely different architecture that allows it to adapt itself according to a specific user without making changes to the underlying code. (I bet you recalled the recent movie 'Her' for its personalized operating system.)

jarvis-corp
With just a 14-people developer team collaborating virtually via Internet, Jarvis Corp has been able to showcase their product in the following video. The team has been working without little or no funding and though Jarvis project is at its nascent stage of development, it has achieved a lot. It can interact with the user, answer questions, access Facebook, Twitter & emails and control lights using voice command among other things. According to a report One Startup Strives To Make Iron Man's J.A.R.V.I.S. A Reality, the team has Version 0.2 almost ready complete and new video might demonstrate it soon. To see what all has been made possible by the JARVIS system so far, take a look at this video -

What are your thoughts on this new system? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kindly feature them in Founder's Circuit. I have too many questions for them now! too many! [HASHTAG]#Request[/HASHTAG]
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kindly feature them in Founder's Circuit. I have too many questions for them now! too many! [HASHTAG]#Request[/HASHTAG]
    Yep. Already in plans. Tagging @#-Link-Snipped-# for the same. You can send her any questions you have to be included in the interview, if the founders agree to it. 👍
  • Chiragh Dewan
    Chiragh Dewan
    Would be happy to answer your questions.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Chiragh Dewan
    Maybe you should feature your project in CE's projects section as well 😀

Hope to see you as a regular contributor of CE.
  • Chiragh Dewan
    Chiragh Dewan
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Maybe you should feature your project in CE's projects section as well 😀

Hope to see you as a regular contributor of CE.
    sure
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Chiragh Dewan
    Awesome! Here's two for now:
    1) On which kernel(Linux, BSD or anyother opensource) this OS is based on ? Did your team coded your own kernel from scratch ?
    2) How Jarvis is different from other OS ? I mean what this OS can do which other OS cannot ?
  • Chiragh Dewan
    Chiragh Dewan
    Abhishek Rawal
    Awesome! Here's two for now:
    1) On which kernel(Linux, BSD or anyother opensource) this OS is based on ? Did your team coded your own kernel from scratch ?
    2) How Jarvis is different from other OS ? I mean what this OS can do which other OS cannot ?
    1) We are making a new kernel and not using any open source kernel for Jarvis.
    2) The reason Jarvis is different because unlike the tradition input method (keyboard, mouse) users will be able to interact with it by the voice and gestures. As its not scripted, user will be able to talk to him how they talk to another person and Jarvis will reply in the same fashion. Jarvis will be actually able to think and make decision on behalf of the user. Current OS are basically a platform which are provided to make users work easier, but Jarvis will actually do work for the user.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# - I really like what you're attempting to build. Do you have any ETA in mind?
  • Chiragh Dewan
    Chiragh Dewan
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# - I really like what you're attempting to build. Do you have any ETA in mind?
    thank you. 18-24 months.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Chiragh Dewan
    thank you. 18-24 months.
    Jarvis OS Indiegogo campaign hardly received $58, unfortunately. So, what you think could be the reason of extremely less contribution ? What would be your next step ? How are you planning to market Jarvis to the world ?

Are you planning to opensource Jarvis OS project? (Well, I think that could be the move which will give Jarvis exposure to the developers & hardware hackers, people will test in their machine, word will spread about Jarvis around the globe, plenty of people will contribute to make better software/OS & entire new era of Automation OS will begin.)
  • Chiragh Dewan
    Chiragh Dewan
    Abhishek Rawal
    Jarvis OS Indiegogo campaign hardly received $58, unfortunately. So, what you think could be the reason of extremely less contribution ? What would be your next step ? How are you planning to market Jarvis to the world ?

Are you planning to opensource Jarvis OS project? (Well, I think that could be the move which will give Jarvis exposure to the developers & hardware hackers, people will test in their machine, word will spread about Jarvis around the globe, plenty of people will contribute to make better software/OS & entire new era of Automation OS will begin)
    Agreeing to the fact that our Indiegogo campaign was not successful, but we never really tried for that. The effort that needed to be put in there was not there as we had started getting offers.

Unfortunately it won't be opensource. SKD will be available for developers to make their own application for Jarvis.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Chiragh Dewan
    SKD will be available for developers to make their own application for Jarvis.
    Awesome! Thanks for frequent response to question.
    CE Team wishes you good luck for your awesome project.

And, you can frequently contact CE Authors about Jarvis OS underhood latest developments news/updates & we will cover it and helping you & your team in exposing Jarvis OS to the world. That's the best we can do 👍
  • Chiragh Dewan
    Chiragh Dewan
    Abhishek Rawal
    Awesome! Thanks for frequent response to question.
    CE Team wishes you good luck for your awesome project.

And, you can frequently contact CE Authors about Jarvis OS underhood latest developments news/updates & we will cover it and helping you & your team in exposing Jarvis OS to the world. That's the best we can do 👍
    Sure. Thank you.
  • Guneet Khanuja
    Guneet Khanuja
    It will be great to interview Jarvis Corp. We will definitely take a step forward regarding the same very soon. 😀

You can inbox me your questions on #-Link-Snipped-#
  • ahmed sarfraz
    ahmed sarfraz
    Even I too have a virtual bot which is based on fuzzy logics and AI. it controles my home, lappy, washing machine, t.v, and other things too. if they are able to make one, I'll be glad to take help from them for my JARVIS
  • ahmed sarfraz
    ahmed sarfraz
    Ahmed sarfraz
    Even I too have a virtual bot which is based on fuzzy logics and AI. it controles my home, lappy, washing machine, t.v, and other things too. if they are able to make one, I'll be glad to take help from them for my JARVIS
    I tries it onMAC, Windows and linux too but most effective is Windows
  • investors99
    investors99
    Hi, i am looking to invest in a new project and can consider your sofware to invest in, let me know more details on my mail
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# - you're just getting lucky! @#-Link-Snipped-# - would you like to consider other projects as well?
  • Kanishk Singh
    Kanishk Singh
    Ankita, the video you've attached to the article is not actually developed by JarvisCorp (Dewan and Vaishnav) but by a different person who was associated to the group for a short period of time but left the team due to personal differences. His name is Mayur Singh living in South Africa. The system which you see in the video is entirely made by Mayur himself without any assistance and he gave it to them because he was associated with the project.
    Dewan and his team didn't actually contribute anything on the system which is showcased in the video. So, this is basically like they're taking the credit for someone else's work and the real guy is hidden.
    If Dewan or his team would like to prove me wrong, I'd be happy to be proved wrong here.
  • Chiragh Dewan
    Chiragh Dewan
    Kanishk Singh
    Ankita, the video you've attached to the article is not actually developed by JarvisCorp (Dewan and Vaishnav) but by a different person who was associated to the group for a short period of time but left the team due to personal differences. His name is Mayur Singh living in South Africa. The system which you see in the video is entirely made by Mayur himself without any assistance and he gave it to them because he was associated with the project.
    Dewan and his team didn't actually contribute anything on the system which is showcased in the video. So, this is basically like they're taking the credit for someone else's work and the real guy is hidden.
    If Dewan or his team would like to prove me wrong, I'd be happy to be proved wrong here.
    Kanishk is right. The development credit just for what is showcased in the video goes to Mayur, though that is not even close to the final product. Unfortunately he did leave us. @#-Link-Snipped-# I believe you wrote an article on us for teksociety in which you too didn't give him credits? I wonder why?

And if you will see the video, in the version info (2:20) Mayur has been given credits along with Himanshu, Krishanu and me.
  • Chiragh Dewan
    Chiragh Dewan
    investors99
    Hi, i am looking to invest in a new project and can consider your sofware to invest in, let me know more details on my mail
    and where can I find you email address?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Chiragh Dewan
    and where can I find you email address?
    I'll get you two introduced through private conversation.
  • Kanishk Singh
    Kanishk Singh
    Chiragh Dewan
    Kanishk is right. The development credit just for what is showcased in the video goes to Mayur, though that is not even close to the final product. Unfortunately he did leave us. @#-Link-Snipped-# I believe you wrote an article on us for teksociety in which you too didn't give him credits? I wonder why?

And if you will see the video, in the version info (2:20) Mayur has been given credits along with Himanshu, Krishanu and me.
    I didn't credit him in the article because as I distinctly remember you didn't mention his name to me anytime before or after I wrote the article. I was noticed that he worked with you after He and Sravan Kumar Tej left your team.
    I also wonder why were you given credits in the system showcased in the demo even though your team didn't contribute to it.
  • Chiragh Dewan
    Chiragh Dewan
    I don't think you do.
  • Kanishk Singh
    Kanishk Singh
    Chiragh Dewan
    I don't think you do.
    Please keep in mind that sending angry colleague (Himanshu Vaishnav) down to my Inbox saying mean things to me when I shoot a comment will only make me more suspicious of your project and downgrade your image.
    If he'd have persuaded me about the product, it would've been much better than saying, "Interfering into others work is nosy and not any way a person should speak." and, "Please stop commenting" You should choose your spokesperson wisely and start handling criticism, too.
  • Chiragh Dewan
    Chiragh Dewan
    I didn't send anyone. Secondly I think he is right. You are nosy. You always want to critisise others for their work rather than doing anything yourself. Tell me, what is it that you are doing? Making iron man suits? Working on open source projects and helping people? Can you even code? Or just comment on what people are doing?
  • Chiragh Dewan
    Chiragh Dewan
    The day you start doing anything worthy is the day you get to certifies people. And if that day never comes, keep your views to yourself because in the end, no one cares what you say
  • Kanishk Singh
    Kanishk Singh
    Wow! that sounds like a person who'd decline a $2 million investment fund. People who wish to make it big and like to bring about change don't just reply criticism with criticism. Instead, they try and win over the criticizer by changing his opinion. In your case, I didn't see you persuading me over by telling what's good but instead criticize. I'm not certifying you, in the first place. I'm just asking questions and I'd like them answered. Tell me, if there are no questions asked, how will you prove the authenticity of your product to the world? For all I know is that you've gained favor from big publications on the basis of a demo that isn't even yours.Nosy, you say I am. But I think that's what your definition for media is.
    No, I'm not making Iron Man suits. No, I'm not working on Open-Source projects. No, I don't know coding (yet) But what I do know is that you're not the person who'd accept the facts, but rather argue about them.
    I really don't wanna have a fight with a person who used to be my friend. What I (and probably everybody keeping an eye out for your project) want is some mere questions to be answered.
    When your product comes out and it is more than what I perceive it as, I promise that I'll come to you and accept that I'd been wrong all that time and I really am sorry for what I said.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Please avoid personal attacks. You may use personal conversations for all the disputes.

Please help keep CE the good place that it is 😀
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Few more questions @#-Link-Snipped-#

Why did your team selected to develop your own Kernel ? Because Jarvis in the end is an OS which will be interacting with Voice & Gestures as you mentioned earlier. And, you will somehow need hardware (for gesture & Voice recognition) that is connected to computer with Jarvis. What a question arise in mind is, you can simply create Linux based distro, grab Linux Kernel & add your proprietary blob of device driver code in it. And things will work!

Plus one, Do your team have any contact with Embedded device manufacturers who are making sensors ? Because you'll need some manufacturers to land their design openly to you or in some contract basis, right ? In the end, you'll need to write device driver & add it in your kernel, am i wrong ? Or you're going to use EasyVR or SmartVR (something like that which is openHardware) for Jarvis ?
  • Chiragh Dewan
    Chiragh Dewan
    The reason we are making out own kernel is because the Linux kernel cannot handle huge processing of AI/NLP. We did try but it's too slow.

Yes, we are in contact with embedded device manufacturers.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Chiragh Dewan
    The reason we are making out own kernel is because the Linux kernel cannot handle huge processing of AI/NLP. We did try but it's too slow.
    Now that's informative. Thanks 😀
    I will get back on this with details of AI/NLP in Linux Kernel.
  • ahmed sarfraz
    ahmed sarfraz
    Ahmed sarfraz
    I tries it onMAC, Windows and linux too but most effective is Windows
    yea most effective is the windows operating system for this purpose. I just had to train it like a man teaches his baby how to read or I justhave to download knowledgebases for my virtual AI bot. I named it as JULIA.
  • Kanishk Singh
    Kanishk Singh
    Chiragh Dewan

Yes, we are in contact with embedded device manufacturers.
    So does it mean that an average computer will not be able to withstand JarvisOS? As it is with NLP, it would require huge amount of data processing before it can deliver the results to the user which means an average computer running @ 2.20GHz would be quite insufficient for it, wouldn't it?
    So will you ship it with custom built hardware like Apple does?
  • Chiragh Dewan
    Chiragh Dewan
    No, thats the reason we our developing our own kernel. It may be larger than a normal OS, but a normal computer will be able to handle it properly.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    @#-Link-Snipped-# If I want to connect my custom built hardware with Jarvis, it won't be possible right ?
  • Chiragh Dewan
    Chiragh Dewan
    Until we make changes for that, it won't be.
  • Kanishk Singh
    Kanishk Singh
    Chiragh Dewan
    No, thats the reason we our developing our own kernel. It may be larger than a normal OS, but a normal computer will be able to handle it properly.
    If a LINUX kernel can't handle such huge amounts of requests quickly, how can you be so sure that withing 18 months you'd be ready with something that would process requests at lighting speed with an average dual core or quad core processors? As for I know, even octa core would not be sufficient for fetching results at lightning speed while handling NLP.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Chiragh Dewan
    Until we make changes for that, it won't be.
    And this lefts me heart-broken!
  • Chiragh Dewan
    Chiragh Dewan
    Kanishk Singh
    If a LINUX kernel can't handle such huge amounts of requests quickly, how can you be so sure that withing 18 months you'd be ready with something that would process requests at lighting speed with an average dual core or quad core processors? As for I know, even octa core would not be sufficient for fetching results at lightning speed while handling NLP.
    Now, thats the reason we are making Jarvis and you aren't. I don't mean to offend you by this comment. But i cannot also explain our architecture to you.
  • Kanishk Singh
    Kanishk Singh
    Chiragh Dewan
    Now, thats the reason we are making Jarvis and you aren't. I don't mean to offend you by this comment. But i cannot also explain our architecture to you.
    I'm very sorry but how do you expect us to believe this if you cannot show a proper evidence which would confirm its ingenuity? The demo video I've been watching since July is just a digital assistant like Siri and Google Now.
    Most of the start-ups I've known come out properly about their product with a concrete evidence their product is unique. As for you, you've merely 'spoken' of the capabilities of your system.
    I don't mean to question JarvisCorp as the people engaged on the project are far more experienced than me but sooner or later the ones who're equally like you will begin to question it. I'd suggest you come up with a new demo which would leave us speechless.
  • Chiragh Dewan
    Chiragh Dewan
    Kanishk Singh
    I'm very sorry but how do you expect us to believe this if you cannot show a proper evidence which would confirm its ingenuity? The demo video I've been watching since July is just a digital assistant like Siri and Google Now.
    Most of the start-ups I've known come out properly about their product with a concrete evidence their product is unique. As for you, you've merely 'spoken' of the capabilities of your system.
    I don't mean to question JarvisCorp as the people engaged on the project are far more experienced than me but sooner or later the ones who're equally like you will begin to question it. I'd suggest you come up with a new demo which would leave us speechless.
    Soon we will launch our NLP model. Hope that will suffice it. Also I don't expect you to believe what we are trying to do. Those are your personal remarks and you are fully entitled to them. But if you cannot appreciate what others are doing, you should not criticise also.
  • Chiragh Dewan
    Chiragh Dewan
    As far what other startups do, I don't believe creating a standalone Operating System is something a startup comes up with everyday second day.
  • Kanishk Singh
    Kanishk Singh
    Chiragh Dewan
    Soon we will launch our NLP model. Hope that will suffice it. Also I don't expect you to believe what we are trying to do. Those are your personal remarks and you are fully entitled to them. But if you cannot appreciate what others are doing, you should not criticise also.
    You should think like a professional and not take everything that comes at you personally. I ask mere questions and you believe them to be criticism. That's very unprofessional.
    And I'm looking forward to your NLP model 👍
  • Arjun Ojha
    Arjun Ojha
    Lets be clear you are trying to create a powerful system like IBM Watson and you claim that a normal PC can sustain such a huge load. Clearly its not possible I can prove that a single NLP API takes consumes 400mb of ram while being invoked and that's just the start. Then you go into further processing. You process each input using various sub-fields of NLP like Semantic Similarity, Information Retrieval. All this, this if you think that a normal computer can do, then I'll say you've never been so wrong. Processing data through a simple Semantic Similarity algorithm takes hours by a normal computer.
  • Chiragh Dewan
    Chiragh Dewan
    Arjun Ojha
    Lets be clear you are trying to create a powerful system like IBM Watson and you claim that a normal PC can sustain such a huge load. Clearly its not possible I can prove that a single NLP API takes consumes 400mb of ram while being invoked and that's just the start. Then you go into further processing. You process each input using various sub-fields of NLP like Semantic Similarity, Information Retrieval. All this, this if you think that a normal computer can do, then I'll say you've never been so wrong. Processing data through a simple Semantic Similarity algorithm takes hours by a normal computer.
    It used to to be impossible to go to space and people swore that the world was flat.
  • Arjun Ojha
    Arjun Ojha
    Really? Prove me wrong then. Its not something about software that you can do something about it, its about hardware.
  • Chiragh Dewan
    Chiragh Dewan
    Arjun Ojha
    Really? Prove me wrong then. Its not something about software that you can do something about it, its about hardware.
    Well we are trying to. But I'm not saying I can do it overnight.
  • Arjun Ojha
    Arjun Ojha
    Over night? I heard your programmers are working on this project from about a year or so.
  • Chiragh Dewan
    Chiragh Dewan
    You heard that wrong then.
  • Kanishk Singh
    Kanishk Singh
    Chiragh Dewan
    You heard that wrong then.
    But Chiragh, I wrote first about your project sometime in May, 2013. Its almost a year. How come is it wrong, then? Arjun has a point. Unfortunately, I don't know how do I give the guy a thumbs-up.
  • Kanishk Singh
    Kanishk Singh
    Chiragh Dewan
    It used to to be impossible to go to space and people swore that the world was flat.
    They required rockets bigger than the size of average buildings and the amount of fuel which would run your car for a year. What you're saying is mathematically impossible. Making an average 3.0GHz to process data which will crash the entire computer.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

GameGenetics was founded by Alexander Piutti in the year 2009 in Berlin. GameGenetics allows game developers and publishers to market games and is one of the leading distributors of online...
Samsung has officially announced that Galaxy S5, which is scheduled to launch next month will come stuffed with premium apps and subscriptions worth over 550 USD. This seems to be...
Hi friends. I am doing a project on "Performance test on single cylinder diesel engine fuelled with Neem biodiesel" I had started the process of extraction of biodiesel from Neem...
As we already knew from the leaks regarding Apple’s iOS in the car system, today Apple officially announced “CarPlay” at Geneva International Motor Show. CarPlay will integrate your iPhone with...
Microsoft’s Windows phone 8.1 update is becoming the most awaited update for windows phone users and developers. Some features of Windows Phone 8.1 were revealed when WP8.1 emulator was demoed....