Japan mall fountain project

I m a 7th sem et student. As a student of 7th sem i have to make a project. Well our group has a idea to make something like japan mall fountain,i hope u see that fountain. We want to make it with the help of embedded or microcontroller or c language.
So, i want to know how we can do this & which language would be easier & why???

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I do not know much about that. Here is a simpler thing you can try:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Is this what you want to build: ?
  • Snehal4991
    Snehal4991
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Is this what you want to build: ?
    yes sir.....

Snehal4991
    yes sir.....
    i want to know the mechanism and is it controlled by aurdino or embedded or c programing?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    There is some physics involved. Once a water drop leaves the nozzle it is in free fall. To retain the shape one has to compensate for varying velocity in the vertical direction. All drops in a horizontal line will stay that way. The pattern will tend to stretch in the vertical direction if the fall is too long. All associated water dispensing mechanisms like nozzle design, solenoid valves and such should be matched to the control signal pattern and speed.
  • Somesh Diwanji
    Somesh Diwanji
    I guess similar fountain is in Osaka station which displays time and its better to start building with such fountain as mall fountain is like advanced version of it. You may required a algorithm which convert the pixel pattern (of image or alphabet )into number of signal can provided to each water nozzle. It can be similar to the rolling message displayed on LED screen but in this case vertical one.
    Along with controlled signal pattern to water nozzle, if synchronous signal pattern supplied to light control panel , will gives a enhanced effect to fountain.
  • REENU SINGH
    REENU SINGH
    Sir,
    I Actually need to know how this collapsing water fountain works,and what all requirements are needed to prepare this.
    does this need any algorithm??
  • Snehal4991
    Snehal4991
    You are saying pixel. Does that mean it will done only through matlab??
  • Snehal4991
    Snehal4991
    Somesh Diwanji
    I guess similar fountain is in Osaka station which displays time and its better to start building with such fountain as mall fountain is like advanced version of it. You may required a algorithm which convert the pixel pattern (of image or alphabet )into number of signal can provided to each water nozzle. It can be similar to the rolling message displayed on LED screen but in this case vertical one.
    Along with controlled signal pattern to water nozzle, if synchronous signal pattern supplied to light control panel , will gives a enhanced effect to fountain.
    You are saying pixel. Does that mean it will done only through matlab??
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Each drop of water is one pixel. You should have a horizontal row of nozzles separated by the distance needed for the resolution. ensuring that there is some gap between the drops to avoid fusion of drops. You then work out the sequence of which nozzle drops when to create the pattern you want. Use a suitable interface to operate the solenoid valves or other valves for the operation.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Actually this is not a simple project, But really interesting one.

Here several valves are opened and closed based on the timed pulses fed to the valves. This can be done using Embedded C, and also using Mat lab.

But don't complicate it too much use a very simple logic to vary the speed of valves opening and closing and you have this thing done.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is e-mail writing?how can i do this?Please give some ideas.
what are the frequently asked questions in interview?If they ask what is your weakness means how can i answer?what is the dress code for girls?
I'm doing final year,BE Mechanical Engineering.I'm interested in Frames and structures and I have designed some frames.I like to widen my scope.So can anyone suggest me any relevant in any...
A mechanical engineer from IIT Bombay, Xitij Kothi hails from Vadodara, Gujarat. His dad a civil engineer and mother a mathematics teacher, Xitij was brought up in an environment where...
Hello everyone, I have been a CEan from hardly last one month. I found this site very efficient for solving my problems. I am a computer science 2nd year student...