Jai Secular India!

IMG-20140506-WA0001

(Sent by Purushotthama)

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    A great depiction of present reality in a comic way.good share Sir.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Nice say.

Is it not our responsibility to verify our names in the voter's list. EC is creating awareness through various media spending huge resources. But we don't get at least 2 min to verify our name and we blame again EC.

Anyway, With this, I remember I've read in one of the news papers that - recently by seeing the Modi wave in India, USA, the country which rejected visa to Modi has described India with a new word which even the fore fathers of our constitution don't know, i.e., Quasi-Secular. We as for now know that India is Quasi-Federal but now USA is saying India is Quasi-Secular.
    See, generally secularism has two components - Religion and State. Religion should not interfere in State and State should not interfere in Religion.
    In India, as for now Religion will not interfere in state but State in some cases will interfere in Religion. For example Art- 25, 26, 27, 28, you may see state police in few temples, while exploring valuables from padmanab temple etc etc. What USA is saying is, if Modi becomes the PM, the RSS which is a religious institution will interfere in state and thus India will become Quasi-Secular. But our Nobel laureate Amartya sen has given a wonderful and appreciated reply.

This is just the opinion of USA and not definitely mine. I just remember that by seeing Secular word and I just want to share with you.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    All this 'secular' thing has been created by Congress to create an impression that RSS is something similar to 'Al-Qaeda'. I know several people who're hardcore RSS workers and they're just like you and I. It's only because of the propaganda by the Congress that being a 'Hindu' automatically makes my question my own 'secular' status.

India has always been a secular nation; and 'Hinduism' is a lifestyle than 'a religion'. 'Karm-Kand' was attached to Hinduism just to make people stick to the lifestyle to keep balance in nature.

I've also began wondering why is the US Visa such an important issue. I don't see even ONE mention that Modi 'applied' for US visa and got rejected. Even if US doesn't give him a VISA; it doesn't change A THING. Let's have the balls to reject visa to Obama, what say? A nation of billion people should have that power and attitude. How long are we going to be at the mercy of the 'rest of the world'? India itself has EVERYTHING it needs to survive and ability to nurture the majority of the world.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    You are right regarding religion Kaustubh. Yes Hinduism is a way of life and is not a religion and that is what our history too says.

And regarding India - US relationship, India-US strategic partnership, civil nuclear agreement, Energy dialogue, regarding Afghan forces withdraw etc which helps India too.
    It is not that we agree with US whatever it says. We are against US in many aspects like recent Ukraine crisis, our diplomat Devyani case, Pharma patents, our solar mission issue, NSA snooping issue etc etc. We are trying to sue too.
    If Modi becomes PM, as a respectable head of the Indian Govt., it is the Modi who has to visit USA to deal and discuss all the partnership agreements, dialogues etc. And I remember there was an article in TOI regarding US rejection of visa to Modi which says If Modi becomes the PM, we will see the immediate change in the mindset of US by which Modi gets an invite from the white house.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    While at Vivekananda College, Madras in '57 I had interacted with an uncle of a classmate. He was an RSS senior functionary. A sports enthusiast and a fine person. Later at my first job also I had a colleague ,who was in RSS. Good chap.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    US just can't do without us 😉
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Can you just tell me why US needs India? 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I would like to know if there are any methods that one can use to know whether a C code is parallelizable, and the best way to parallelize it....
The good news just keeps on coming for Windows Phone users. After the launch of the feature packed Windows Phone 8.1 update, Microsoft has announced that it is has been...
M1 Limited, the popular telecommunications and mobile operator company in Singapore, has launched a new enterprise broadband service that offers 10 Gbps Internet speed. The country's national fibre network is...
Alright, it is dead at this moment. As iOS & Android took over Symbian, the development for Symbian was stopped & so its tool were also removed officially. However, Delight...
Brian Dye, VP of Information Security at Symantec has acknowledged that the antivirus software is dead. He said that the antivirus doesn't make money anymore and Symantec is now exploring...