IT Jobs in India -Does the gap between your time of graduation to your first job really matters ?

NOTE- Please give it a time and don't ignore thinking it's a long post. I really do need help from you guys here.

I've graduated this year in July 2015 in B,Tech CSE. My college was not so good so no good companies in campus placement.
Though initially I was not looking for any job as I was helping my father in family business but have started looking from September 2015 and now November is going to end.

So after looking for suitable job from past 3 months, I was not able to secure any.

Now, I'm preparing well again for interviews, learning some new technologies (Web Development) and will start applying again.

But I'm worried that Recruiters will not consider me by seeing the date of graduation as it's been 4 months after graduation and I'm still a fresher looking for job.

1) If it’s normal if you can get job after 5-6 months or more after graduation?

2) As you know I’ve graduated in July 2015 and 2015 is going to end soon, so if I’ve to suffer hard for still trying in 2016?

I’m really worried for my career , Though I can prepare good and also have made 2 projects on web development . The fear of gap between graduation and first job is pressuring me to a very great extent that I can’t focus on my preparation and just for the sake of first job I’m even ready to do Technical executive type jobs just because the gap will not increase and I can switch later.

DOES THIS GAP REALLY MATTER IN IT INDUSTRY (Software developer,web developer,digital marketing etc) . ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    coolsharma.r
    DOES THIS GAP REALLY MATTER IN IT INDUSTRY (Software developer,web developer,digital marketing etc) . ?
    I got my first job a year after graduation. So I can say for sure that it does NOT matter.
  • coolsharma.r
    coolsharma.r
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I got my first job a year after graduation. So I can say for sure that it does NOT matter.
    You don't know how much relief I've gotten from your reply...So i can happily prepare , increase my skills and can apply with open heart right without anything to worry about ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    coolsharma.r
    You don't know how much relief I've gotten from your reply...So i can happily prepare , increase my skills and can apply with open heart right without anything to worry about ?
    All the best.
  • coolsharma.r
    coolsharma.r
    Kaustubh Katdare
    All the best.
    Thank you , Hope to get more replies soon so i can know other people experiences and opinions as well regarding the same
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    coolsharma.r
    Thank you , Hope to get more replies soon so i can know other people experiences and opinions as well regarding the same
    Looks like you are only looking for motivation and the only place to find it is within yourself.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    coolsharma.r
    If it’s normal if you can get job after 5-6 months or more after graduation?
    Most people get their call letter after 7-8 months of graduation even when they are recruited via a campus placement process. Many graduates try for different jobs meanwhile, so it is perfectly normal for you to apply a job as a fresher in the industry. Start actively looking for jobs. Go for job interviews. Don't wait a lot and dig in whenever you get your first opportunity. The important thing here is to not remain idle. Keep working. Keep studying. Keep improving.
  • coolsharma.r
    coolsharma.r
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Looks like you are only looking for motivation and the only place to find it is within yourself.
    No actually I'm just confirming from other fellow engineers here that if it doesn't create a problem later , as currently I'm trying to learn and improving myself so that i can apply for certain positions and can give interview with full confidence.
    That's it.
  • coolsharma.r
    coolsharma.r
    Ankita Katdare
    Most people get their call letter after 7-8 months of graduation even when they are recruited via a campus placement process. Many graduates try for different jobs meanwhile, so it is perfectly normal for you to apply a job as a fresher in the industry. Start actively looking for jobs. Go for job interviews. Don't wait a lot and dig in whenever you get your first opportunity. The important thing here is to not remain idle. Keep working. Keep studying. Keep improving.
    yes definitely, the objective of my question is to know that if it's normaly or not if it's taking time to get a good 1st job . by knowing it's okay for recruiters that I am completely fresher even after 5-7 months of graduation and still looking for job.
    As i want to only focus right now is to learning and after that give my all focus on applying online.
  • T N S SAI SRINIVAS
    T N S SAI SRINIVAS
    Hello every one ,
    I have done my B.tech in ECE and pg diploma in advanced computing in cdac kolkata ,
    Now iam planning to opt ms by research program in CSE in iiit hyderabad . I had passed my bachelors in 2014 so i would prefer to join as early as possible . I know iam getting desparate as i had started a thread mentioning the same problem but as i didn't get any response so i have stated it again in an active thread. Please excuse me for that . But do tell me is it wise to opt ms by research in cse (as i want to start my career in NLP and AI ) or give the GATE next year along with doing the job. Please tell me the opportunites for research there at iiit hyd in AI

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have applied for C-CAT Entrance examination that is to be held on 13 December 2015, However I have paid fee for A+B+C section. will that give me ranking for...
Dear Engineers, Graduated in 2014 still confused what to do presently working as a phone banking officer which I want to resign as early as possible SO I request you...
I come from an ece background, but i love coding. So after my B.tech I have joined CDAC Kolkata (Thank you Kaustub Sir and Crazy Engineers Forum for Guiding me)...
Micromax has launched yet another mid-budget smartphone in its Canvas Series with Pace 4G Q416. In this day and age, when speed is all that we are after, Micromax has...
Reliance Jio will showcase its upcoming Jio Money and the Jio Chat service at the eIndia summit today in Mumbai. Reliance plans to let the attendees experience their high speed...