It’s official: Americans should drink more coffee. Why not Indians?

While a student I used to drink 12 to 15 cuppa/day. My sisters used to say that if any one utters any word beginning with ca, I would ask for a coffee. ☕
Now I am down to five of Coffee and three of tea.

As if one needs an endorsement from an American nutritionist to drink more coffee.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I believe these "official" studies are just marketing stunt to get more business.
    See the history.
    There was a time when they came out with Cigarette is not bad for health.
    For Cola, they make us status symbol then came out with obesity and then diet soda and recently a survey that diet soda people are more prone to obesity 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, during my days as an IT professional; I'd consume about 4 cups of coffee during work hours. It was means to take a break and talk to my friends who were working on other projects. Sometimes, all important project related discussions would happen over the cup of coffee. I'm not sure if it helped - but I was moving closer to caffeine addiction. After I left the job; I decided to reverse my addiction and brought down the consumption to two / day. Well I'm a tea drinker; and have been consuming two/day for several years now.

Coming back to endorsements; I'd always take them with a pinch of salt. I've been hitting the gym and happened to read all the health magazines that promise to give you tips, tricks and expert opinion on how to build the body of your dreams in 3 months. The most common thing with all these advices is that they suggest you a 'product' that will 'help' you achieve the desired results. Heck, these magazines themselves are owned by the makers of nutritional products (supplements)! Their only agenda is to sell their own products.

The latest example of this is the toothpaste ad. One toothpaste ad has a person saying that he can't drink his favorite cold-drink as often as he can and the dentist suggests him to try a new toothpaste. A normal dentist should have advised him to stop drinking cold-drink because it's doing no good!

I think I've began trusting my own common sense more than any of these researches. Have stopped cold drinks years ago, use a typical ayurvedic manjan for brushing teeth, drink lot of water, limit to two cups of tea and so on. 👍
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think I've began trusting my own common sense more than any of these researches. Have stopped cold drinks years ago, use a typical ayurvedic manjan for brushing teeth, drink lot of water, limit to two cups of tea and so on.
    Other than the coffee addiction, I do the same. I also use some of the ayurvedic supplements like Aswagandha, which my grand father used to grow in the farm and as a small boy I used to help him with preparing the final product. It a nerve tonic without parallell.
  • n1kh1l
    n1kh1l
    I am not a coffee or teas person. During my 12 hrs shift I never drink tea, coffee or cold drinks. Maybe Gatorade or Glucon D if its too hot, otherwise water only.
    Also 2 glass of milk daily morning and evening.
  • Dipankar Gopz DG
    Dipankar Gopz DG
    A.V.Ramani
    While a student I used to drink 12 to 15 cuppa/day. My sisters used to say that if any one utters any word beginning with ca, I would ask for a coffee. ☕
    Now I am down to five of Coffee and three of tea.

As if one needs an endorsement from an American nutritionist to drink more coffee.

#-Link-Snipped-#
    NICE UNCLE... WHEN U R A STUDENT THEN U DRINK 15 CUP COFFE IN A DAY.. i think u should now take 100 cups.. ha ha ha
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Dipankar Gopz DG
    i think u should now take 100 cups.. ha ha ha
    I would if I could...
  • Dipankar Gopz DG
    Dipankar Gopz DG
    i thing you could be do it....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Dipankar Gopz DG
    i thing you could be do it....
    Please refrain from making comments that don't add any value to the discussion.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Sir,

One question that buzzed my mind is the amount of chicory that is added into our blood stream?

Don't you feel too much coffee will increase the stimulants concentrations? What effect does that stimulant has on our human bodies?

The report just potray coffee and what percentage of other elements is not clear? Can you please clarify.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Jeffrey Samuel
    chicory that is added into our blood stream?
    Chikory is an added ingredient. Coffee per se does not have any chikory. It is used to give a stronger brew using less expensive ingredient. In a sense it is an adulterant.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    (From CEan Durga on FB)
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : Concrete is the most commonly used, man-made, construction material. However, high-energy requirement and pollution involved in the production of cement hampers the image of concrete...
Hi frnds..I am B.E mechanical engineering 2 year I desired to do something special... I have interested in my core field only.... So that what I should learn...... I need...
Project Abstract / Summary : Portable Start Menu is portable software solution allowing you to take your favorite software with you. A fully open source and free platform, it works...
Project Abstract / Summary : AUTOMATIC SPEED CONTROL IN AUTOMOBILES ABSTRACT Speed control is in the need of the hour due to the increased rate of accidents reported in our...
Microsoft is reportedly developing an app called People Sense that allows users to share their location and find other people around. Though there is no official announcement from Microsoft as...