ISRO Undertakes Biggest Commercial Mission To Launch 5 British Satellites On July 10th

The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will launch 5 British satellites on July 10th. This is ISRO's biggest commercial mission so far and will be executed along with Antrix - its commercial arm. ISRO will deploy the reliable, efficient and proven PSLV (Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle) to put the satellites into orbit. The launchpad at the Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh will be used for this mission.

ISRO has informed that the PSLV will carry a liftoff mass of about 1440 kilograms - which makes it the heaviest payload so far. PSLV-C28 will be on its 13th jump into the space with three identical DMC3 satellites specially engineered by UK's Surrey Satellite Technology Limited (SSTL). The company received a contract worth £110m to provide three 300S1 satellite platforms with an all new 'smallsat' design.

ISRO-DMC3-Satellites

The DMC3 satellites provide 1m high resolution imagery along with a a 320 Mbps high speed downlink and 45 degrees off pointing. The array of three DMC3 satellites will form a constellation for daily revisit times. UK plans to use these satellites for disaster monitoring, response planning.

Along with the DMC3 satellites, PSLV-C28 will also carry UK-CBNT-1 and De-OrbitSail auxiliary satellite systems. ISRO said that getting all the three satellites on board within the existing payload fairing of PSLV was a big challenge for the engineers.

We'll keep this article up to date with updates from the launch. Stay tuned.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Way to go ISRO. 👍
    New service sector, launch satellite for others and make load of money 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Im pursuing 7th semester of final year civil engg. I wanna do a mini project..but i dont have any idea to do... please suggest some environmental related projects to do...
when you inflate a car tyre machine is called compressor, but when u do same for bicycle tyre it is called pump. Why? What is the difference?
Hllo everyone.. I am new here... Can u please tell me can I get a job with bad academic.. My percentage are around 55 but my communication and social activities...
please tell me the reasons why java does not support multiple inheritance?