ISRO To Send Rover To Mars In 2018, Calls It "Mars-2" Mission

ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) is planning for its second Mars mission, Mars-2 in 2018. This new mission is likely to aim at putting a rover on the distant red planet; capable of performing experiments. ISRO is already working on developing new technologies to make the mission successful. Business Today reports that ISRO satellite director, S Shiva Kumar informed the reporters in Bangalore. The ISRO game plan entered the next level after it successfully completed the Mars Orbiter Mission, by putting a satellite in Martian orbit on September 24th.

The Mars-2 will take priority only after ISRO's planned mission to the moon, called 'Chandrayaan-2', scheduled in 2016. The Chandrayaan-2 will carry ISRO's lander and rover to the moon. Space enthusiasts may already know that the opportunity to launch any mission to Mars arrives once every two years and ISRO's booked the 2018 slot. The learnings from the Chandrayaan-2 mission will enable engineers and scientists at ISRO to develop a better lander and rover for Mars.

ISRO-Mars-2-Mission

ISRO is aiming to build fully operational heavy rockets in the next 2-3 years to carry payloads of communication satellites, lander and rover. It's already developed GSLV-Mk III capable of carrying about 2-3 tonnes of payload to ~36,000 kilometers above Earth.

We promise to bring you all the important updates. Do not miss our earlier coverage on India's Mars Orbiter Mission Update: ISRO's Created History This Morning.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kanagasundaram Kuppusamy
    Kanagasundaram Kuppusamy
    thank you for giving good news.....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Harley Davidson has launched three new bikes in India with - Breakout priced at Rs. 16,28,000, Street Glide Special priced at Rs 29,70,000 and CVO Limited price of Rs. 49,23,793...
With an aim to deliver 100% genuine authorized spare parts to its customers, SparesHub.com was founded by Tapas Gupta in the year 2013. Spares Hub is based in Pune. It...
I'm curious to know what mileage does Maruti Alto K10 with Automatic transmission offers? The company claims that the car will offer a cool ~24 kmpl; but the actual is...
Hello I am currently working as a tester in a good product company, but the fact that I do not have a degree from a Tier-1 college(Frankly, I could not...
I am not sure if my question is suitable for Engineers forum, but I thought we have lot of wanna be entrepreneurs here, what do you think is best age...