ISRO To Launch PSLV - C23 From SDSC -SHAR, Sriharikota On June 30

The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is going to launch Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) C-23 from Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC)-SHAR, Sriharikota (located at 100 km north from Chennai). PSLV - C23 will launch the French Earth Observation Satellite SPOT-7 along with four other co-passenger satellites from Canada, Germany and Singapore on Jun 30, 2014 at 9.52 a.m.[IST].The four co-passenger satellites are NLS-7.1 (Can-X4) and NLS-7.2 (Can-X5) from UTIAS/SLF Canada, AISat from DLR Germany and VELOX-1 from NTU Singapore.
C-23

Yesterday, Launch Authorisation Board (LAB) gave its nod for the launch of PSLV - C23 on Jun 30 from Sriharikota. It was originally planned to launch PSLV - C23 at 9.49 a.m.[IST] but now it is rescheduled to 9.52 a.m.[IST].There is a 3 minute delay in the launch because there is a possibility that the space debris may get in the way of launch vehicle.

ISRO said that the 49 hour countdown has begun at 8.52 a.m.[IST] today (Jun 28, 2014) at Satish Dhawan Space Center (SDSC), Shriharikota. PSLV-C23's Mono-Methyl Hydrazine (MMH) Propellant filling operations of Fourth Stage (PS4) was started at 11.15 a.m.[IST] and was successfully completed. Recently,Propellant filling of Reaction Control Thrusters (RCT) of First Stage (PS1) is also completed successfully.

SPOT 7
SPOT-7​

SPOT-7: SPOT 7 (714 Kg satellite mass) is a French optical Earth Observation Satellite identical to SPOT-6 which was launched in September 2012 on PSLV-C21. SPOT-7 will be placed diametrically opposite to SPOT-6 after it is injected into Sun Synchronous Orbit.SPOT-7 is built by AIRBUS DEFENCE & SPACE, a European space technology company.

Can x4 x5
NLS-7.1 and NLS-7.2​

NLS-7.1 (Can-X4) and NLS-7.2 (Can-X5): NLS-7.1 and NLS-7.2 (each weighing 15 kg satellite mass) are two-spacecraft dedicated to the mission of Precision Formation Flying using differential GPS with CM level relative position.

AISat
AISat​

AISat: AISat (14 Kg satellite mass) is a global sea-traffic monitoring system with emphasis on high traffic zones using AIS signals.It is the first satellite by DLR in the nano-satellite class.

Velox 1
VELOX-1​

VELOX-1: VELOX-1 (7 Kg satellite mass) is a MEMS-based attitude determination and control system.It is a technology demonstrator for in-house design of image sensor which uses inter-satellite RF link.

ISRO’s Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle has launched 35 satellites of countries like Germany, Canada, France, Japan, Switzerland,Singapore, UK,Denmark and many more.

Source : #-Link-Snipped-# | Image Credits : #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• kalaivani M
    kalaivani M
    nice info.. keep posting😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Prime Minister Narendra Modi will witness the launch of PSLV. While ISRO has developed quite a lot of expertise in launching PSLV, I think PM's presence will put them under a lot of pressure to make it successful. All the best to ISRO guys!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update: PSLV launch has been successful. 👍
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Quoting a few words from Mr. Modi,

"I urge Department of Space, to proactively engage with all stakeholders, to maximise use of space science in governance and development," he said. "India's Space programme, is driven by a vision of service to humanity. Not by a desire of power."

I ask our Space community, to take up the challenge, of developing a SAARC Satellite. I also ask you, to enlarge the footprint of our satellite-based navigation system, to cover all of South Asia."

India has the potential, to be the launch service provider of the world. We must work towards this goal. India’s space programme is a perfect example of my vision of scale, speed and skill."
    PS:
    He even suggested developing, a state-of-the-art, interactive, digital space museum.
  • vishal Lokhande
    vishal Lokhande
    Again ISRO has proved as they are champions in PSLV technology and day-by-day they are dominating Space Research .👍

#-Link-Snipped-# : Very nice info...keep posting on same...👍

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There is no puzzle here. Nor maths, well geometry perhaps. Shows you how to draw a perfect circle free hand:
Hi everyone, I am a working professional in an Healthcare IT products company. I have completed my B.E in ECE and choose to start my career in Computers as it...
How to apply an industry to do inplant training 3-5days.Without knowing any person in a company whom i should contact.Did any one knows about this please give a brief xplanation!!!!Because...
Today CEan @safwan is celebrating his birthday. Wish you many happy returns of the day buddy. Looking forward to see you again on CE. 😀
Magnesium Chloride, a material used in the manufacture of quintessentially common things like bath salts and tofu may be the material that makes thin-film solar cells cheaper and safer. Cadmium...