ISRO Mars Orbiter Mission Gets A Second Dose Of TCM-2

India's ambitious ISRO Mars Orbiter Gets "Happy Journey" Wishes From ISRO & Indians is currently on track and the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has announced that the second Trajectory Correction Maneuver aka TCM-2 has been successfully performed. According to ISRO's Mars Mission update, the maneuver was performed on June 11 at 16:30 hours. The uninitiated may note that the trajectory correction maneuvers are performed to ensure that the satellites reach their target destination.

At present, the Mars Orbiter is at a distance of about 102 million kilometers and the radio signal fired from the base station takes a little over 340 seconds to reach to it. The total journey of the spacecraft is however over 466 million kilometers, while the entire journey will be of about 680 million kilometers.

ISRO-Mars-Orbiter-India

The TCM-2 was carried out by firing 22 Newton thrusters for a time span of about 16 seconds. ISRO continues to monitor the spacecraft through its 'Indian Deep Space Network' aka IDSN. ISRO has confirmed that the satellite and all the five payloads it's carrying are in good health. For updates on the India's Mars Orbiter mission, head over to the link in the source below.

Source:#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Facebook Messenger for iOS received a major update in its latest version. Apart from the usual bug fixes and new stickers, it now has the features for "instant video sending"...
Hi, I am a Soft Skill Trainer and a Resume Writer. I had 7 yrs experience as a HR in a Multinational Company. If any one is looking for Soft...
Dears, All of us know that chemical reaction between calcium oxide (quicklime) with water will produce heat energy strongly by the following equation: Cao + H2O = Ca(OH)2 -> releases...
i've heard that hp laptops are not as good as they used to be and dell laptops are better in comparison to hp laptops these days. is it really true?
Hi CEans I am using a airtel dth for past two years and I am experiencing problem here. If I am correct all the set top box would be equipped...