ISRO Mangalyaan Update : Everything Is Fine & Destination Is ~30 Days Away

ISRO's ambitious Mars Orbiter took the leap of faith towards the red planet from Sriharikota, India on November 5, 2013. ISRO's confirmed that the journey so far has been as planned and the orbiter is just about a month away from reaching its desired destination. If the journey continues as planned, the orbiter will reach its destination on September 24, 2014. ISRO has said that the machine's currently ~190 million kilometers away from Earth.

In order to put the satellite in its final orbit, called Mars Orbital Insertion, the engines will be fired in September. The orbiter will be closest to the red planet at about 377 kilometers and farthest from it at about 80,000 km. The orbiter carries several equipments with it that will help in communications, navigation, mission planning and management.

isro-mangalyaan-mars-orbiter

The mission is being closely monitored by ISRO and NASA together. We'll keep you posted about the developments on the MOM. We have an interesting discussion going on to gather views of engineers whether the Mars Orbiter Mission is a waste of money:
India's Mars Mission Is A Waste Of Money, Resources, Time & Talent - Agree / Disagree?

Do let us know your views!

Original Detailed Coverage: ISRO Mars Orbiter Gets "Happy Journey" Wishes From ISRO & Indians

Source: ISRO's Mars Orbiter Mangalyaan Just A Month Away From Rendezvous With Red Planet | Business Insider India

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

While most of the speed experiments are focused on ground and air; the Chinese engineers want to break speed records under water. The latest super high speed submarine prototyped by...
Industry speculations have been proven wrong as Amazon swoops in to acquire video game footage streaming service, Twitch. Earlier it was reported that Google was interested in buying the three...
I want to do a project based on raspberry pi in which I want interface lcd, fingureprint scanner,printer, plz help me where I get ckt diagram , how I program...
hello CEs, I want to do simple programming on 8051 processor, can anyone suggest me what are the instrument i need to purchase and how to start programming.
Mahindra & Mahindra motorcycles segment has got a new stylish addition today with the launch of its Mahindra Centuro Rockstar, a 110cc bike priced at (ex-showroom) Rs. 43,700. The two...