ISO file extractor

I need help in making this project which wil be compeletely in C languagae..the concept is like suppose I have a .iso file and inside this file I have some other files(like linux shell program or any C program) while I extract that iso file I get my original file..pls help me in making an algorithm of this project.I really in need of it

Replies

• Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    rashmi sarmah
    I need help in making this project which wil be compeletely in C languagae..the concept is like suppose I have a .iso file and inside this file I have some other files(like linux shell program or any C program) while I extract that iso file I get my original file..pls help me in making an algorithm of this project.I really in need of it
    Maybe you should start out by trying to open an iso in rb mode and dump it into a text file and see what you get. It is interesting actually. I would even suggest you to first read about how an ISO is made. Sometimes to break something, we need to know how it is made!

I have never try this! will work on it and let you know if i find anything!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# If you are still working on this project, it would be great if you share your findings with us. Or share where you are stuck at and someone could help you out.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Hi Rashmi, just to be clear again, your project requirement is coding a program to be able to extract content from an ISO file?

If so, you can utilize an open source extractor like 7-Zip. Invoke 7-Zip via CLI with the required parameters, from your program.

Below link has sample CLI commands:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

After launching a series of phones, Asus is back to what it does best. One of the largest PC vendor in the world Asus launched the Asus Transformer Book T300...
Any one pls tell me how we can extract the exact data from the csv file in java
Hello everyone, I thought of starting this discussion so that there should be a place where people can find out about intern-ship opportunities. Please contribute
Google Glass was a product meant for researchers to find out the possibilities of wearable tech. Well, it seems, its competitor Sony has taken a step forward and launched the...
To give the massively popular Toyota Innova and the likes of Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, Honda Mobilio and Mahindra Xylo a fierce competition, Renault India has launched its new MPV Renault...