Is wishing someone just an excuse?

Many consider wishing someone a 'Good Morning' as a good thing. It shows how very professional / well-mannered you are.

But do we really know what the person is going through? Doesn't wishing a person going through a bad situation make it more worse? What if you are in a bad mood and don't want to wish anyone?

What would you rather do? - Wish / just say 'Hi' / just smile? Which is more realistically possible and credulously professional?

Isn't faking a smile / Good Morning worse than not wishing at all?

P.S.: Not being skeptical.😒

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Tagging few CEans for their opinions

#-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Somehow I disagree,

Greeting or saying someone Good Morning means you are dearly wishing that person that he/ she should have a Good morning (Even if you are going through rough phase of the day, still wishing someone good doesn't harm you),
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Going with the third option. Depends on my mood, the other person's mood, if there's nothing more important on my mind, if the situation demands it.

It's not a rule. So, do what you want is what's my opinion.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Depends if I have opened twitter mobile app in morning. 😁
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Definitely a fake smile + good morning is unnecessary for being a good professional. If you really say from heart then it's worth to say.

I see it in a different way= saying "good morning" may be a good way of initiating a good talk between new colleagues /friends. But I never use it with dear ones .
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Anoop Mathew
    Many consider wishing someone a 'Good Morning' as a good thing. It shows how very professional / well-mannered you are.

But do we really know what the person is going through? Doesn't wishing a person going through a bad situation make it more worse? What if you are in a bad mood and don't want to wish anyone?

What would you rather do? - Wish / just say 'Hi' / just smile? Which is more realistically possible and credulously professional?

Isn't faking a smile / Good Morning worse than not wishing at all?

P.S.: Not being skeptical.😒
    I am too old to be in a bad mood. So I let that pass.
    I wish only those I know personally. Quite often the wishing is just a smile or a wave if the person is some distance away. A known person in a bad situation often responds by seeking solace, so it is alright wishing such. If more than a casual acquaintance you know instinctively that there is some thing wrong. In such cases you may also help the situation.
    Faking in my opinion is a no, no.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    A.V.Ramani
    I am too old to be in a bad mood. So I let that pass.
    Sorry for being off topic, but most oldies in my society think it's their moral responsibility to carry on the title 'old and grumpy' on their shoulders with grace. Why are so many old people in a bad mood anyway? Your rule seems to be the perfect plan.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Two cents from my side:
    If I am in bad mood, probably I would not wish any or want to be wished.
    But if anyone wishes me, surely it take me out from bad mood even for a moment. which is good.☕
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I never wish anyone any time with any mood i have. I dont know.. I never smile in lifts or while having lunch with team. I am always pre-occupied in my thoughts so most importantly, I am not able to recognize people around me as humans. So I just dont wish.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

StudyBud, an online study and assessment platform, was founded by Anubhav Jain and Dhruv Bhushan. The duo also co-founded Excelsior Education in 2011 prior to StudyBud. Anubhav Jain completed his...
many times i have gone through the word 'cloud download' can any one tell me what is its actual meaning.
Swipe Telecom has launched a new smartphone called the Swipe Sense that has an inbuilt fingerprint sensor, a feature made popular with Apple's iPhone 5S and 5C smartphones. The Swipe...
I was looking at the Excel sheet that we're using to track everything and found out that we've shipped t-shirts almost to every big city in India. As a tradition,...
A friend of mine wanted to buy a smartphone and zeroed on these three but got stuck in making the best choice. I wanted to have reviews from you all...