Is WhatsApp really free?

People believe WhatsApp free and while I'm using it for quite some time now - let me tell you; it's not free. It's cheaper than SMS; but it's *NOT FREE*. Eat it, folks. You can't use Whatsapp without having an active Internet connection - either through your telecom service provider or through your local Wi-Fi. Of course, it's free only when you have access to your neighbour's unsecured wi-fi connection or live in a free wi-fi zone area.

This article is all about educating you, the uninitiated, that you have to pay for your Internet connection. WhatsApp can end up being costly for all the messages you send and receive because even the incoming messages incur charges. If your friend sends you a video file - you have to use your data plan or wifi to download it on your device.

So how to use WhatsApp free of cost?

Several telecom operators have been offering WhatsApp access free of cost as their promotional plan. That's one way to use WhatsApp or simply hook to your local wireless network for which you don't have to pay. As a matter of fact, none of the things that rely on your data plan are free and that include WhatsApp rivals like Line Messenger, Telegram, WeChat and all others.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Engineers from M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore have come with a new free voice calling service called 'FreeKall'. Developed by a trio of Yashas Shekar, Vijayakumar Umaluti and...
Name: Er. B C Dinesh *Engineering Trade: CIVIL Engineering Location: MAngalore, Karnataka *Occupation: Working Work Experience: 22+ Years *Hobbies & Interests: Interested in Innovative Engineering, Expertise In Cable stayed and...
Gaurav Dahake submitted a new project: BuyHatke Browser Add On For Google Chrome & Mozilla Firefox - A revolutionary hack for getting the best price always I am an engineer...
Developed by Robert Jacob, a computer scientist and Sergio Fantini, a Biomedical engineer from Tufts University’s Human-Computer Interaction Lab, a new headband that will read brain's activity and use this...
Hello people! 😀 This is Chhavi here!! I describe myself as "A Simple girl with a caring heart, truthful soul and ambitious mind." I am an Electronics Engineer. Placed at...