Is time travel possible?

Is time travel possible? Through my life I have occasionally crossed a moment where a person has professed in having experienced time travel. Does anyone have a similar experience. Now I do not have any proof of it. But I wonder????

Replies

• Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Well, surely possible. We are all traveling in time. The question you want to ask is, whether traveling back in time (or into the future at a greater than natural rate) is possible. In which case, theoretically, it is possible. A wormhole (read the Interstellar movie posts on the forum) is a theoretical solution to Einstein's equations of Relativity- which can be an enabling portal allowing time (and space) travel.
  • Don Ross
    Don Ross
    Bingo you get the prize. Correct. But I once listen to a late night program on a national station professing to have built and used a time machine of some sort. Now it might of been a really big hoax but I believe there's a little bit of truth in everything put out there.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Well, it might not be impossible to create a wormhole after all. We cannot put limitations on concepts we haven't tried building. It is such a tantalizing (and theoretically backed) proposition (time travel), that any organization with a will and resources should immediately embark on building one. Whatever the case, and whatever the results, I have never heard of any success on that front yet. If you can share the source, may be the discussion will become even more interesting!
  • Don Ross
    Don Ross
    50 yrs ago when i was a kid there was a rumor of some guy that built a carburetor that went 40 mile per gal. on old clunky heavy cars. And they said Detroit bought the patent and shelved it. We never heard anything again. Well we can go 30-40 miles per gal easily now. They wouldn't tell you even if they could do it. You have to hunt and read between the lines. Now we have the internet. YES
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Well, a car has been developed that goes 80 MPG, launched at the Detroit Auto show going on right now. I don't think any industry would shelve such groundbreaking research. Yes there are evil things beings done, for money and what not, but these days it is more transparent I believe. because of the internet, yes. But then there are some factions who use the very same internet to misguide the easily impressionable people to believe crazy things. Ultimately, it is the human mind's need to believe in something superficial/unrealistic/controversial that drives such evil factions on the internet.
  • Don Ross
    Don Ross
    A lot of truth to that. But big oil will bury technology. And we can chase a mis begotten dream. I was told by the NAWCC that I was crazy and band from their blog because of their blindness. I quoted an article from MIT that stated I was on track. They're still shunning me. They believe the world is flat and live in their old clock works world.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    I did not understand the NAWCC thing. What has that to do with time travel or Automobile research?
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Don Ross
    Is time travel possible? Through my life I have occasionally crossed a moment where a person has professed in having experienced time travel. Does anyone have a similar experience. Now I do not have any proof of it. But I wonder????
    Everything is possible mate, question is whether it has happened or not. To do anything groundbreaking, first enough knowledge is required, then resources and experiments, then a bit of luck to get to the results,
    As per my knowledge, scientists have achieved simulation of time travel with photon in quantum world, check #-Link-Snipped-# , but at a large scale, it still isn't achieved.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    There you go. I don't know how such a big news escaped me, I keep a lookout for such stories. This is awesome! Apparently, this was achieved by the University of Queensland researchers. Thank you #-Link-Snipped-# !
  • Don Ross
    Don Ross
    The reference to NAWCC is to point out if you really believe in something don't let the status quoe deter you, that's all. I always throw in experiences I've had or things you should take note of. Sorry, It's me.

NAWCC National Watch and Clocks Collectors. USA I was asking for advise on the escapement thing I am working out. They judged my idea as unfeasible and turned a deaf ear. People do that, even here.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    No that's alright, experiences are most welcome. I just didn't get the reference.
  • Don Ross
    Don Ross
    I want you guys to be tenacious in putting forth your ideas. The hardest thing in life is to gain confidence. Now I didn't say arrogance. But sincere confidence in what you know is to be true. But please research first, Google is a click away and people do it while talking to you real time.
  • Don Ross
    Don Ross
    This is a God given act that are for the Angels only to insure this realms reality has a chance to exist in Gods light. But if man steps out to far and creates the down fall of man. God has instructed the Angels to step away. And the planet and this realm will go on with out mans existence or dominance. This is the truth of the matter.

Time in reality doesn't exist.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Time is the only reality.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Skill Required: * BE/B.Tech/ME/ M.Tech/ * First class 60% throughout (10th, 12th, Degree) If you are interested kindly share your updated resume kaustubh_mulay@3dplmsoftware.com and walkin on 17th January @ below...
Quote: After a gap of more than 50 years, battery-powered train technology has returned to Britain’s rail network. Between now and the middle of February the new vehicle, known as...
Microsoft Mobile Devices has announced two new budget devices, the Lumia 435 and Lumia 532. The Lumia 435 costs 69 Euros or 5040 Indian Rupees making it the cheapest Windows...
If you have been waiting around for a phone that has the most impressive specs in the bunch, here's a phone worth mentioning from CES 2015. Called Saygus V², the...
Date Issued: 2011 Abstract: Bow-springs find few applications in industry. Principally, they are used in archery. In addition, they have found some use in a compression-spring mode in the field...