Is this true about ISPs?

Power supplied to our ISPs main device through which internet is provided to us is provided by another customer's house who is using internet from the same device. My ISP said "broadband mein aisa hi hota hai"when I asked him why they doesn't use Maharashtra state electricity board's power to the device.
I found it very pathetic is this thing done by every ISP ,even by airtel, reliance, sify if yes then why they don't use power supplied by government?

Replies

• Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Well, it's the same as you powering modem in your house for internet access.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    pradeep.pawar
    I found it very pathetic is this thing done by every ISP ,even by airtel, reliance, sify if yes then why they don't use power supplied by government?
    If they will use govt supplied power, they need take one separate electricity connection in each colony (too complex to manage).
    Instead they convince one of the consumer from the colony to give the power and they give some discount/free connection/Electricity bill for it.
    I also provide power to router for my ISP and I cut the charge from my bill.
  • pradeep.pawar
    pradeep.pawar
    Thanks for the reply guys.
    #-Link-Snipped-#,but does this thing done by bigs ISPs also like reliance or airtel, problem here is if power supplying person goes out for 1 month then he turns off the device too then internet will be off for 1 month why suffer such loss, I think they should get power from govt or find some other solution what you say?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    pradeep.pawar
    Thanks for the reply guys.
    #-Link-Snipped-#,but does this thing done by bigs ISPs also like reliance or airtel, problem here is if power supplying person goes out for 1 month then he turns off the device too then internet will be off for 1 month why suffer such loss, I think they should get power from govt or find some other solution what you say?
    Big ISP's make sure that they will get power directly right after electricity without any switch.
    It's total mutual understanding. 😀
  • pradeep.pawar
    pradeep.pawar
    ok thanks Anoop

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Lenovo seems to have quietly launched the IdeaPad Y510p Laptop and is currently available for purchasing via the website. The laptop features a brushed metal exterior and metal speaker grilles...
It has happened again. A product gets listed online even before its official launch to give us a preview to what the phone has to offer. HTC’s Desire XDS has...
If the constant bombarding of soaps and mindless reality shows make you want to go back to the 90s, Prasar Bharati is readying a solution for you. Soon, viewers in...
hay friends as we know that we can not create the instance of abstract class than why we use abstract class....
please see the attach image :