Is there any Indian Railway API available?

Anyone knows about any api provided by Indian Railway through which i can get train paths and their current locations?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I guess IRCTC API is available, but it's not open to everyone. There are a number of ticketing websites that allow you to book IRCTC tickets; but it looks like in order to use them; your company needs to have an annual turnover of about Rs. 5 crores. 😲 [Not sure though].
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    The_Big_K
    I guess IRCTC API is available, but it's not open to everyone. There are a number of ticketing websites that allow you to book IRCTC tickets; but it looks like in order to use them; your company needs to have an annual turnover of about Rs. 5 crores. 😲 [Not sure though].
    yes i too read this 😁 , but i don't want api for ticket booking , instead i need api for tracking location of trains

if there is no api available then i will just have one option of scraping that also i am not sure would be a gud idea
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Check Indian Railways Enquiry PNR Status Live Status IRCTC Reservation Seats
    They are using it.
    you can use HttpAnalyser to fetch all query url and Google APIto draw a pathmap.
    See also: www.trainenquiry.com
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    ianoop
    Check Indian Railways Enquiry PNR Status Live Status IRCTC Reservation Seats
    They are using it.
    you can use HttpAnalyser to fetch all query url and Google APIto draw a pathmap.
    See also: www.trainenquiry.com
    Thanks anoop

I was just looking for something that would take me less effort otherwise this is already a option for me

My Plan is to display movement of trains on live basis on google maps, for this continuous ajax calls won't be a good option,

Would you suggest any alternative for this?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    You want to integrate TrainInquiry information on the erail like google api Train Route graph.
    Its a nice idea to blink current train location on plotted graph.
    I don't know if railway provides api. but I think you can do this using HttpAnalyser.
  • Toxic303
    Toxic303
    pnrBuddy launched some free and fast APIs. Have a look #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ryan Rajpoot
    Ryan Rajpoot
    I am using a source of api on my site PNR Status - Check PNR Status of IRCTC and Railway Ticket, is there any way through which i can get api directly from Indian Railway. Do you guys know anything about it. Please point me in right direction. I really need to know about this. Please help me out.
  • Muhsin Mohamed Pc
    Muhsin Mohamed Pc
    It is better you to directly contact with the Railway by using their official website. Surely they will provide you API.
  • mohan chwala
    mohan chwala
    i have sent an mail to erail for api registration but didn't get any response from there side for my website spotyourtrain.info. we have launched lightest website to check live train status and pnr status. currently we are using commercial api from some websites.
  • mohan chwala
    mohan chwala
    is there any other website to check spotyourtrain.info, other than erail. since i have to complete my website as mu final year project, can any one help me.
  • Aayushi Sharma
    Aayushi Sharma
    I have found that there are many website which are giving live running train status and #-Link-Snipped-# to any train we have booked, but have found there is some change in time to different sites, don't know from where they all getting such live data.
  • singhkgp
    singhkgp
    You can get you api for very cheap rates around Rs 1000 for 3 months. But price matters the services. They have per day limit for no. of request you can pass to their servers.

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hiiii......... feeling great to be a part i am a cse 4th yr student i loved the idea of having some way to get rid of memorizing so many user...
other than scanning,finger prints,key,eyes,voice...........for the security we can use heart beat ? if there is any other new idea for the security
Name:Iswarya *Engineering Trade:BE-CSE Location:Madurai *Occupation:Student *Aim in life:want to be a project team leader *I joined CrazyEngineers because: I need 2 clear my doubts and help for my projects
Hie Frnds 😀 Im Vish n i just passed diploma Computer Engineering and now i want 2 apply for degree and available Streams are Computer Engineering Computer Science & Engineering....
CEans, I'm happy to announce a new feature on CrazyEngineers - thread prefixes. We now have the ability to add a 'prefix' in the thread to make it easier to...